Women’s Building Muscle Tips - New to MFP

Options
Hi everyone,
I am new to the app. I am currently a slightly curvy size 8 and am looking to be a curvy size 10. I was always a size 10 up until a few years ago. I have been going to the gym 3/4 times a week for a couple of years now, mainly resistance training just to maintain fitness and stay toned.
I’m now ready to focus on my fitness & nutrition a lot more to achieve the results stated above.
Ideally I would love a peachier bum and a more toned stomach but it feels hard to achieve both when I’m currently on a calorie surplus diet. My stomach is already not as toned due to the weight gain but I have only been doing this the last 2 weeks. Working out 4 times last week and will be 5 this week including tomorrow. I am now including Hitt and low intensity training too.
Any tips of the best foods for what I am trying to achieve, low fat , high protein?
Any tips on workouts also, I was thinking 5 a week, 2 solely resistance, 2 including some HITT and one including low intensity.
Any tips in general would be so appreciated. :)
Thank you so much
Chanelle

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Work out - lift heavy, using a proven progressive lifting program.

Eat - adequate protein, approximately 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass.

As for adding muscle but not getting “fluffy” that’s a hard one. You’ll either have to have a very slight calorie surplus, or run bulk/cut cycles.
  • jesselee10
    jesselee10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agree with quikslver, very slight calorie increase with increase protein. Lift heavy. I mean heavy. I worked up to 475 for reps on hip thrusts, Start low but continue to push yourself to go heavier. Stomach flatness and bum volume though is very hereditary, I struggle with lower belly pooch even before kids. I can have popping back/upper body but still hold fat below.