Progress chart

Hi. Does anyone know what the orange figure is on my progress chart? I can’t work it out although I bet it’s a very obvious answer

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    dathomas61 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know what the orange figure is on my progress chart? I can’t work it out although I bet it’s a very obvious answer

I'd like to help, but I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you say something about what labels/words are around it, what page it's on, or even post a screen shot?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited January 2021
    On the iOS app (can’t speak for any other platform as that’s all I use) on the ‘Progress’ line graph there’s a small orange square with a number in it, at the right hand end of the graph line.

I’ve wondered what it represents too but as the number is always slightly lower than my current progress weight I’ve figured it must be some sort of prediction of weight if the current trend is continued. 🤷‍♀️

For example, my current weight is 8st 7lbs and the little orange box says ‘8.5’ (that could be just a different way to express eight and a half stone, of course, but the number hasn’t always been proportional to that form of numeric expression).

I never close out my diary but I wonder if it’s a graph version of that ‘if every day were like today in 5 weeks you’d weigh....’.

Would be about right at this point for me as I’m losing at about that speed! 2lbs in 5 weeks might be pretty accurate.

Edit to add, because I’m an idiot:

Having just gone and played around with the time span of my progress graph it’s now obvious that it is simply expressing 8st 7lbs as a decimal representation. The ‘Y’ axis of the graph clearly shows weight represented in that way, which I’d not noticed before. 🙄
  • Bonnie0411
    Bonnie0411 Posts: 7 Member
    I do not like this new feature at all. First of all it blocks the progress graph. And it has you focusing more on your current weight as opposed to your progress etc. It is redundant to have current weight in so many places. I am hoping this is something that can be opted out of. Otherwise after 8 years here I may have to find another option for myself.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    On iOS it states the current weight.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Yep. I just weighed in a moment ago, and it’s the weight my scale reported.

Gotta love Bluetooth.
  • springlering62
    edited May 2021
    You mean this, right?

n98cua27qssi.jpeg

*overnight weight gain courtesy of killer middle eastern lunch and subsequent visit to the ah-mazing attached grocery store. Thanks to @cmriverside for identifying the kaak bread that led to most of this. *burp*

Still have rose petal Turkish delight on the counter, but had to throw out the rest of that very very tempting kaak.

(Another weird thing about weight loss is feeling compelled to explain every gain. )
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    You mean this, right?

*overnight weight gain courtesy of killer middle eastern lunch and subsequent visit to the ah-mazing attached grocery store. Thanks to @cmriverside for identifying the kaak bread that led to most of this. *burp*

Still have rose petal Turkish delight on the counter, but had to throw out the rest of that very very tempting kaak.

(Another weird thing about weight loss is feeling compelled to explain every gain. )

I'm assuming you ate all those kaaks? :wink:
  • springlering62
    You mean this, right?

There were a dozen. I, um, might have eaten half.

That’s why I had to kick them to the curb.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    You mean this, right?

There were a dozen. I, um, might have eaten half.

That’s why I had to kick them to the curb.

hahah, I've been known to "rescue" food from the garbage after trying to save myself. I hope you poured soapy water on them and then threw them away....

um

I never had to do that. Nope.