Calories in takeaway kebabs

Hey! Looking at ordering a takeaway later on. Can anyone tell me how much calories would be in a chicken and mixed kebab? It’s the longish kebabs that are twisted at the end with tinfoil. Thanks!

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited January 2021
    Honestly, unless we all live in your neighbourhood and frequent the same kebab shop as you, (which seems unlikely) you’re in the best position to answer that question!

It will depend on the weight of the chicken, how much oil is used (quite a lot I suspect!) the content and weight of vegetables, salad, mayo based garlic sauce, chilli sauce etc. Does it have cheese, does it come in a pitta bread?

My best estimate from kebabs I’ve seen in my life - never eaten one personally, is somewhere between 900 and ‘a lot’ 😉
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've eaten a lot of kebab/shaorma in my life.

The meat isn't that fatty - if it's actual meat, with sliced mystery meat all bets are off - and doesn't have all that much cooking oil, it doesn't take a lot to make meat feel greasy and delicious. It's the pita and sauces that get you (but shaorma without garlic sauce would be a crime).

My guess: the skewer alone would be in the 200-400 calorie range depending on the size and meat and a pita definitely no lower than 500 (I'd bet around 700).