Looking for positive freinds on here 😊

Hi , I'm karl 46 , ive been a keen runner for the past few years and have used races 10ks, half marathons , OCRs as my motivation , covid has stopped all that and has also stopped my motivation .
I want to find friends who can get me motivated to lose the 2 stone I've put on in the last year and get back to a healthy life style again.
Please add me or drop me a message if you think you can help 😊
Β«1

Replies

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    I spot a fellow Mudder :) I have a love/hate relationship with running...hate the thought, love being out when I go. I'm more of a 5/10k than a half marathon, I did 20k once and once only..... :)

Im just kickstarting my workouts after them tailing off back in September. I did the worlds Slowest 5k today!!! If I can get back out there, you can!!!
  • karl05_
    karl05_ Posts: 91 Member
    Yup done a couple of 5ks this week , 1 went well the other just hurt lol
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    I have been doing a lot of virtual runs since September. I do them on my elliptical, but it keeps me moving. Some I purchased online, but I made a few racing bibs just to have fun.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    karl05_ wrote: Β»

Ha!! I do a couple zoom gym classes with my PT every week.... Yet one 5k today and I already can feel it. Plan is to head back out on Monday.
  • karl05_
    I have been doing a lot of virtual runs since September. I do them on my elliptical, but it keeps me moving. Some I purchased online, but I made a few racing bibs just to have fun.

Hi , yea I gave the virtual racing a try last year , but I think its the competition I miss the most , I may give them another go .
    Love the making race bibs , awesome πŸ‘Œ
  • karl05_

Ha!! I do a couple zoom gym classes with my PT every week.... Yet one 5k today and I already can feel it. Plan is to head back out on Monday.

Haha yea I have a small gym at home and I've tried a few workouts this week and its been a struggle , the old body is not enjoying this lol
  • SpringB82
    SpringB82 Posts: 25 Member
    Feel free to add me too!! Happy to help give support anytime 😊
  • welshbabe89
    welshbabe89 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey I’m looking to make new friends
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    I am both positive(or at least try to be) and a friend! Feel free to add me. Best of luck
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    I've done a Tough mudder, and about a dozen other ocrs by other names... Nothing better than mud and obstacles!

I hurt my ankle last fall, so I'm not sure if that means I'm out completely, but I'm still pushing with lifting and boxing. Sometimes you have to let determination step in and fill the gap til motivation comes back home.
  • karl05_
    Feel free to add me too!! Happy to help give support anytime 😊

Thankyou I will ! 😊
  • karl05_
    Hey I’m looking to make new friends

I'll send a request thankyou 😊
  • karl05_
    I am both positive(or at least try to be) and a friend! Feel free to add me. Best of luck

Awesome thankyou 😊
  • karl05_
    I've done a Tough mudder, and about a dozen other ocrs by other names... Nothing better than mud and obstacles!

I hurt my ankle last fall, so I'm not sure if that means I'm out completely, but I'm still pushing with lifting and boxing. Sometimes you have to let determination step in and fill the gap til motivation comes back home.

Done tough mudders, Spartans , ratraces and many others , I love them , especially if you've got a team ! Can't wait for them to start up again before I'm too old lol
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

Done tough mudders, Spartans , ratraces and many others , I love them , especially if you've got a team ! Can't wait for them to start up again before I'm too old lol

I have enjoyed going as a team for the camaraderie... But found I was held back in terms of endurance... So I also love going solo to see how much of my own butt I can kick. We have Mud Hero (done 6 or 7) and Dirty Donkey (done 4).

Hopefully we're safe to run this summer!
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 65 Member
    hi :smile: always looking for more active friends that wants to spread positivity and cheer on eachother! :smile: Im not a runner, I thrive better with picking stuff up and putting them back down :wink: although i have been thinking i should try to run a little once the ice and snow goes away :smile: Like probably most people in here im working on my diet and level of fitness, aaaand would like to shed the extra pounds after the holidays and covid lock downs and so on. Feel free to add me anyone who wants to :smile:
    wishing you all a great day!
  • karl05_
    hi :smile: always looking for more active friends that wants to spread positivity and cheer on eachother! :smile: Im not a runner, I thrive better with picking stuff up and putting them back down :wink: although i have been thinking i should try to run a little once the ice and snow goes away :smile: Like probably most people in here im working on my diet and level of fitness, aaaand would like to shed the extra pounds after the holidays and covid lock downs and so on. Feel free to add me anyone who wants to :smile:
    wishing you all a great day!
    Thank you you are exactly what I'm looking for. 😊
  • karl05_
    Any more ?
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    not a runner with no desire to become one .. I am supportive of and try to keep it positive with friends no matter what their goals are.. Look for the same in friends.. consider request sent
  • Br00klynbaby90
    Br00klynbaby90 Posts: 60 Member
    Can be a supportive friend ! Drop a line whenever