Turn your flaw into a strength!

My biggest flaw I perceive on my body would be the stretch marks, and worst part is they're not even from having kids.
I've come to accept them as part of me and now I call them tiger stripes! They're a reminder of a place I didn't want to be and encouragement for an image I strive for.
What is your biggest body confidence issue and try to find a reason to accept and even love it. I'm sure the community can help out if you can't find a reason!

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Almost everyone has a few stretch marks, even people who have never been overweight. I had tons of stretch marks in my teens just from growing. I was not at all overweight. Many fabulously talented athletes have them. We just don’t see them much because it’s been decided in Western popular culture that they should be hidden. I love it when I see famous women showing theirs on the red carpet. People of all shapes, sizes, and colors have them. We’re all tigers!

• Not sure if biggest, but one I am happy to share, at least.

Why is some of my hair turning white already? I am too young for that.

Well, if I use hair colour to colour all my hair those white hairs are still lighter and create a pretty nice highlight effect. I like it.

That's such a good idea! I'm so glad you like it, also a lot of younger people are digging the grey/white hair look anyways. I'm sure you look gorgeous with it
  • Almost everyone has a few stretch marks, even people who have never been overweight. I had tons of stretch marks in my teens just from growing. I was not at all overweight. Many fabulously talented athletes have them. We just don’t see them much because it’s been decided in Western popular culture that they should be hidden. I love it when I see famous women showing theirs on the red carpet. People of all shapes, sizes, and colors have them. We’re all tigers!

Very well said! Yes my brother had them on his from a growth spurt also. Definitely would be nicer to see some less airbrushed cover photos to show off that au naturale.
    Tigers unite! 🐯
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    How do I turn my Costco parking lot induced panic attacks into something powerful?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Flaws ??
  • How do I turn my Costco parking lot induced panic attacks into something powerful?

Well I meant more of a body confidence issue (as put in the first message) compared to something such as panic disorder. I'm sorry you struggle to deal with parking lots, I emphasise I really do.