Daily Harvest

Does anyone eat Daily Harvest? Pros and cons???

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Like any food subscription service, you're paying for someone else to do the mental work of putting together a menu and buying/measuring ingredients. You can also get access to ingredients that you might not be able to find easily where you are, depending on what you choose to buy. I wouldn't treat it like Fancy Nutrisystem and try to make that all you eat, though.

Daily Harvest is one of the more expensive services like this - the biggest box option they have is 24 items weekly, and the items are all around $8 apiece. So that's $200 per week for 24 half-meals - you would probably still need to supplement your order with regular groceries to round out your daily food intake. But I guess if you want your fridge (and wallet) to look like you shop at Whole Foods without living near a Whole Foods, this is one way to do it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I haven’t used it, but have seen it in stores and thought it would be nice to try for combinations I haven’t tried and might like, or just to try something new, but the price stopped me.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    I’ve been using it for over 3 years now- I drink one of the smoothies every day for breakfast, before my morning workout. I love it because it’s so easy. I also think their flatbreads are good- I usually get one or two in each box. I get the box of 24 every 3 weeks.

There’s a lot there- when I started, I made a point to try one of everything so I could see what I liked. Note that the calorie counts and nutrition vary widely, so you’ll have to look at each item. I decided that my favorite is the mint + cacao smoothie, so most of my box each month is that. You have the freedom to mix & match as you choose. You can also skip as many as you want- how often you receive deliveries is very flexible. Most places only have 1 day a week as a delivery option (it’s Thursday in NYC). If I want to make any changes to my box for the upcoming Thursday, I have until Sunday evening to make the change.

Overall, I highly recommend unless your budget doesn’t allow it.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    I once was interested in trying it --- as a quick option that is whole food with nothing processed in it...but IMO, none of the stuff has enough calories to be called a 'meal' for me so I wouldn't pay the premium for it.
  • Mindfulfire
    Mindfulfire Posts: 2 Member
    I'm going to give it a try for lunches. Just ordered it. I have a new big job and an autoimmune issue. I need to eat cleaner to reduce my pain and inflame but I really dont have the time or really mental space at the moment to shop and put lunches like this together. It could be a waste of money. We'll see.