Friends? I'm 27, 5ft4, 254lb

Since the pandemic I have become more and more aware that been unhealthy and obese isn't the way to go.

I decided to use 2021 to cut the bad habits, lose weight, gain some fitness and generally get healthy..

So far I have cut out coca cola and caffeine.

Any one want to be friends and do this together?

Replies

  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Sure...getting rid of pop helps a lot. I'm about to give up alcohol, which has counted for a lot of my calories, though I was fat before I ever began drinking.

    I want to lose about 75 lbs...my goal weight is 200 lbs. What's your goal weight?
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    Sure...getting rid of pop helps a lot. I'm about to give up alcohol, which has counted for a lot of my calories, though I was fat before I ever began drinking.

    I want to lose about 75 lbs...my goal weight is 200 lbs. What's your goal weight?

    My goal is around 140!
  • Cody0103
    Cody0103 Posts: 13 Member
    I find that just using common sense helps alot, I say that because its easy to over think dieting when really its easy. Eat whole foods as much as possible and weigh out your food..

    Do you plan on doing excersise aswell?
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    Cody0103 wrote: »
    I find that just using common sense helps alot, I say that because its easy to over think dieting when really its easy. Eat whole foods as much as possible and weigh out your food..

    Do you plan on doing excersise aswell?

    I plan to walk and bike. Bit difficult right now as the UK is in lockdown and I am shielding. But I do plan to try harder to move more around the house
  • Unicornsandlove
    Unicornsandlove Posts: 32 Member
    I'm 27 years old too and 5'8.

    I cut out milk tea which is really common in our culture and started taking black coffee instead from few months.

    It helps boost my metabolism and lessen my hunger with zero calories.

    Just adding you.
  • ebautista0425
    ebautista0425 Posts: 60 Member
    Yeah I dropped my energy drink habit. Definitely noticing a difference since. I'm down for buddies!
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Add me, your hair is awesome😊
  • Beckydavies1989
    Beckydavies1989 Posts: 11 Member
    Always can add me x
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    Add me, your hair is awesome😊
    Always can add me x
    I'm 5'6 with at least 100 pounds of fat to get rid of. 💜 Exercise is my "freeing" time. Feel free to add me.

    Added you all x
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 27 years old too and 5'8.

    I cut out milk tea which is really common in our culture and started taking black coffee instead from few months.

    It helps boost my metabolism and lessen my hunger with zero calories.

    Just adding you.
    Yeah I dropped my energy drink habit. Definitely noticing a difference since. I'm down for buddies!

    Accepted you both x
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Just a bit of tip that worked for me. Quicker metabolism burns more calories.. try pushing that up. Drink warm water every once a day and a bit of exercise.. i started with just plain old walking. That helped me a lot in the initial phase. I don't know if warm water relation to metabolic activity is scientifically established but it worked for me. And it was a pretty habit
  • kaycoes
    kaycoes Posts: 54 Member
    Gained during pandemic and stress of moving as well. We got this! It's a bummer you are still in lock down! I've been moving as much as possible and drinking green tea. Feel free to add me, all of you! Or I will just go ahead and send my FR into all of you! Good long on your journeys!!
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm always down for some weight loss buds!
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    7rainbow wrote: »
    Feel free to add me! I'm always down for some weight loss buds!
    Added you x
    kaycoes wrote: »
    Gained during pandemic and stress of moving as well. We got this! It's a bummer you are still in lock down! I've been moving as much as possible and drinking green tea. Feel free to add me, all of you! Or I will just go ahead and send my FR into all of you! Good long on your journeys!!
    Accepted you x
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    PremGandhi wrote: »
    Just a bit of tip that worked for me. Quicker metabolism burns more calories.. try pushing that up. Drink warm water every once a day and a bit of exercise.. i started with just plain old walking. That helped me a lot in the initial phase. I don't know if warm water relation to metabolic activity is scientifically established but it worked for me. And it was a pretty habit

    Hey thanks for you're input! We do walk quite a lot but because it's at the speed of a 3 year old (my youngest son) I can't see it doing much 😂 we do need to take advantage of our exercise outside daily though!
  • alexp44
    alexp44 Posts: 28 Member
    feel free to add me. I'm 5'4 and started at 248. These damn lockdowns have a lot to answer for as I was about a stone lighter at this time last year.
    I'm taking 2021 as a year to be a bit healthier and lose some weight as I want to be out that obese high risk category. I'm aiming on about 1lb a week so not quick but hopefully achievable.
  • shrinkingmrsb
    shrinkingmrsb Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, feel free to add me. I’m back (again!) and looking for accountability and motivation. I’m from the UK, in early forties and I’ve around 200lbs to lose.
  • Christiexx93
    Christiexx93 Posts: 19 Member
    alexp44 wrote: »
    feel free to add me. I'm 5'4 and started at 248. These damn lockdowns have a lot to answer for as I was about a stone lighter at this time last year.
    I'm taking 2021 as a year to be a bit healthier and lose some weight as I want to be out that obese high risk category. I'm aiming on about 1lb a week so not quick but hopefully achievable.
    Hi, feel free to add me. I’m back (again!) and looking for accountability and motivation. I’m from the UK, in early forties and I’ve around 200lbs to lose.

    Added you both x
  • carla7328
    carla7328 Posts: 25 Member
    Hey! feel free to add me 🙂 I started at 210lbs down to 178lbs my goal is 112lbs, I had an unhealthy relationship with fizzy drinks, chocolate and crisps and since cutting that out I have noticed a big difference! Let’s motivate each other 💪🏼