Day 2

13»

Replies

• ckjohnstone2995
    ckjohnstone2995 Posts: 28 Member
    Day 27 - January 17
    I missed a couple of days Checking in but I’m back. Eating and logging meals are going better. The rest of my routine has not been so great. Somehow I’ve got a find a way to do it all if I want to see progress. Fresh start tomorrow hopefully.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hope you get your trifecta of stretching, meditation and logging at least a few times this week 🙏🏿
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 28 January 18. 4 weeks. I’m disappointed that I have stumbled. 2 weeks ago I was feeling great because I already had 2 weeks of progress. It seems like since then every day it’s been a struggle.
    Not feeling very successful now. The only thing worse would be quitting all together so I continue to check in and hope to reach my trifecta.

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    I've never been a mum, so can't comment from experience - but I have watched enough toddlers to know that stumbling is a necessary part of learning to walk/run. It builds up the tendons and muscles, it builds up mental strength, and sometimes - it offers a different perspective and allows a different flow or activity. Don't see the last 4 weeks as a series of 'successes and failures' - after all, you've said yourself that it's all just data and you get to decide what's what. If I may, instead see it as a toddler's experiment at a new way of being. Not 'better' or 'worse', just different. Something new to learn, a new experience to have, with the floor safely there for when you need that familiarity.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    You’re building your consistency muscle and will be able to flex it soon. 😘
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day 30 - January 20
    The kindness and inspiration of everyone here is humbling. Thank you so much for your support. I had a stressful work experience today but did not turn to food so that is a plus. I actually tried meditation instead. It didn’t completely get rid of my craving but it did get me through the moment. That’s all for today. Thanks again!
  • skinnyrev2b
    How's day 31 for you CK?
  • Arawra90
    Arawra90 Posts: 70 Member
    Good job keep it up!
  • ckjohnstone2995
    Day?
    So it’s a little over a week since I last posted. I feel sad and embarrassed about that but at least I didn’t let it go yet another day.
    I’m think I’m going to restart my clock. I am grateful for the support I’ve received. I am holding on to the progress I’ve made and the lessons I’ve learned. I hope I will keep coming back.

I am thinking about posting to/ joining another established group rather rather than continue here. Any recommendations?
  • MaltedTea
    edited January 2021
    It's Day 38 if my math's right @ckjohnstone2995

As for an established group, I made a suggestion last month and will make it again: Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) group

The February folks (new and old heads alike) have already started introducing themselves, so why not join in too...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139692-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2021

If you want to read a thread of testimonials from others first, then go here...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45687366#Comment_45687366
  • MaltedTea
    Just putting it out there again: there's still time to join in!

Hope everything is ok with you, regardless!
  • skinnyrev2b
    We're still here for you @ckjohnstone2995 - post here or on the thread @MaltedTea suggested. That's what this community is all about.