Another Year.. A NEW you

2»

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Hi @Sweetzyd I have lost a good chunk and gained it back a couple different times and I am determined to learn to maintain this time around! I will send you a friend request. I track daily and try to get in some exercise on my exercise bike throughout the week. I think we have to be committed rather than to rely on motivation as it’s super easy to lose motivation but if you’re committed to certain things (tracking calories, 30min of exercise etc) you just keep trucking whether or not you feel like it, because you committed to it👍🏻
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 771 Member
    @TxTiffani I agree 100%! I'm determined myself this time too, I have got to do this and stick with it. Thanks for the reply and FR, I look forward to supporting each other 💜
  • Sweetzyd
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! I've lost 2lbs as of Monday last week. Really determined to get this weight off and myself healthy again!
  • TxTiffani
    Woohoo for your loss!
    Doing good overall. Lost 6lbs in Jan and for a shortie that can’t have an insane deficit I suppose that’s pretty good. I did have a bingey day 2 days ago so my scale weight is up, but I got right back on track yesterday and exercised and ate better so I’m sure my weight will be back on track in no time.
  • Sweetzyd
    @TxTiffani a 6lb in a month is great! Happy for you :smile: I'm sure you'll get the temporary gain off in no time.
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello to this group, I would enjoy being included here -- this is my 3rd rodeo on MFP. What a vicious cycle! Have 25-30 lbs to lose (again!). I've been working at home since last March when COVID arrived, eating habits flopped and of course had to cancel the gym membership. Bought a treadmill and a couple other things so here we go!
  • TxTiffani
    @gfinley49 welcome! I too have lost weight a couple of times :neutral: This time I am determined to get it off AND learn to maintain :smile: I will add you as a friend. My diary is open, although I’m a very short female 5’1 with 35 more lbs to lose so it’s around 1000-1200 most days and may not be helpful :wink:
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    @TxTiffani thank you! We are in similar situations :) I am 5'3 and am set at 1100-1200 per day. Looking forward to keeping motivated with you and others :)
  • Sweetzyd
    @gfinley49 Good to have another supporter here :smile:. My goals are similar too, I'm 5'3 1/2 and trying to stay 1100-1300/day. Wanting to lose about 20 lbs. We can all do this!
  • TxTiffani
    Little NSV...the scales been up a couple days due to a weak day where I went 400cals over and I had the thought “if the scale’s not going in the right direction even when I’m eating less and moving more then I may as well eat whatever the heck I want!” BUT I didn’t! I told myself to hang in there and have another day on plan and if I keep doing the right things then the scale will eventually reflect it again💪🏻 I exercised and ate within my calories. A little proud and wanted to share with some like minded gals☺️
  • Sweetzyd
    @TxTiffani yay!! Wonderful NSV. It's so easy to get discouraged when we don't see the scales moving or with a gain after an off day. Thanks for sharing 😊. It definitely helps to hear things like this from like minded people. I seen this quote and it has been really helping me "I want to see what happens if I don't give up". It really helps when I get discouraged!
  • TxTiffani
    Hey girls, haven’t checked in in awhile and wanted to see how everyone is doing? I have been losing again which is great because for a month I just kept losing and gaining the same couple of pounds. Earlier this week I hit my 10lb down mark since Jan. I’m about 17 down from my heaviest which was so so heavy for my body. I have about 29lbs more I’d like to lose so I’m trying to stick to plan as much as I can. If I keep up with this slow but maintainable pace I’ll be most of the way to goal by the end of the year!
  • TxTiffani
    m5d2r99n2daa.jpeg
    Its crazy how in the mirror you don’t see a big difference but when you put pics side by side it’s so obvious! Note that I’m not pregnant in either pic (my youngest is 9 🤦🏼‍♀️) but I just carry all my weight in my middle🙈 It’s gotten so much better though! Cant wait to see what my body will look and feel like when I hit goal!!