Digital scales, batteries, heart break

What a way to start a Monday. Got all my breakfast things out, diligently weighed them all, mixed them up, then got to the final ingredient and the scoop of protein powder that is alllllllways 30g came out at 20g. So clearly the scale is off, likely the batteries are dying, and my whole breakfast is a lie :'(
Adjusted for the, I assume, 33% difference between reality and what I'd meant to eat, and while I can make it work, I'm unhappy and will miss my after lunch snack.

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I feel your pain!

I used to have a digital scale that seemed to run forever on a couple of AA batteries then I gave it to my daughter when she went to university and bought a new one.

This new one eats batteries - the lithium coin style batteries (2032?) - I think I need to change them every couple of months. It just dies without warning. 😢
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Sorry to hear that, but hey it's just a little bump in the road, hope it doesn't ruin your day too much! I've been wanting to weigh myself but my family refuses to buy scales and it been bothering me since I can't do it at the fitness centre I work at now (closed with covid). Hoping I will be in for a positive surprise when I get back but I'm scared I haven't lost anything at all
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    My kitchen scale is USB rechargeable. Love it!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I feel your pain, my scale completely broke this morning. I’ve ordered a new one but won’t have it until Wednesday. I eat a lot of the same things so I will be logging by the avg weight i usually get for things and by volume the next couple of days. Thankfully I’ve been doing this a long time now and I know what servings should look like for most things I eat, and it’s just a few days. Still stinks though!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    I feel your pain!

I used to have a digital scale that seemed to run forever on a couple of AA batteries then I gave it to my daughter when she went to university and bought a new one.

This new one eats batteries - the lithium coin style batteries (2032?) - I think I need to change them every couple of months. It just dies without warning. 😢

I have one too! I get a 12 pack of the 2032 batteries at costco. (i think on sale right now). I got a new scale, but there is no off button so it eats batteries super quick too
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    It’s frustrating for sure, but to put it in perspective, it’s 33% of your breakfast calories. That’s not gonna ruin your week