• FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Think like a monk by Jay Shetty
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Think like a monk by Jay Shetty

Is that good? Been thinking of getting it.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    "The Chain" by Adrian McKinty. A 13-year-old girl is kidnapped at the bus stop and her mother receives a call from her kidnappers, demanding $25K and for her to kidnap another boy or girl and keep "the Chain" going. If she doesn't do it, her kidnappers will murder her daughter or their own boy or girl will be murdered by the previous person in the Chain. Pretty good premise, huh?

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I finished up a quick one this weekend and really liked it. First thriller from Rachel Ryan (Irish author) "The Woman Outside My Door".
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Another Stephen King book for me - The Bazaar of Bad Dreams.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Carrie Vaughn kick. Just finished Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand. Probably moving to Kitty Raises H ell soon. Had forgotten how much I like these characters.
  • LynNite
    LynNite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    jf3r4y0rmtd7.jpeg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    xw45uggq4k37.jpeg
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Blue at the Mizzen, by Patrick O’Brian. The last complete book of the Aubrey and Maturin series. The movie master and commander is based upon this series. It is amazing
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Dr. Sleep by Stephen King
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Currently reading Wally Lamb's
    "Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Wally Lamb and the women of York Correctional Institution"
    Worth the read and is making me more aware of some women's lives before incarceration.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    "Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Wally Lamb and the women of York Correctional Institution"
    Worth the read and is making me more aware of some women's lives before incarceration.

I worked in corrections for nearly 15 years...some women (and men) behind bars are dreadful humans...but so many of those women were victims of abuse, manipulation and curcumstance and simply did not have the tools necessary to escape their circumstances and lead law abiding lives. Prisons are a terrible waste of life. Is very sad.

You might try finding Going Up the River. I don't remember who wrote it but it is really good.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Did a Carrie Vaughn marathon a couple weeks ago and then found Kitty's Mix Tape and The Immortal Conquistador. Finished then over the weekend. Reading The Awakening by Nora Roberts now.
  • wmichben
    wmichben Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dragonshadow by Barbara Hambly.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I worked in corrections for nearly 15 years...some women (and men) behind bars are dreadful humans...but so many of those women were victims of abuse, manipulation and curcumstance and simply did not have the tools necessary to escape their circumstances and lead law abiding lives. Prisons are a terrible waste of life. Is very sad.

You might try finding Going Up the River. I don't remember who wrote it but it is really good.

Thank you for the recommend :)
    Working in corrections has got to be a very difficult and thankless job. :( You need a tough exterior and interior.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Weird But Normal by Mia Mercado. Loving it!
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Outlawed by Anna North
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    51XJjO2zlmL.jpg