New Personal Best

Options
BroDave
BroDave Posts: 249 Member
I have lost 75 lbs since January and when I started walking back in January I did not even attempt to jog at all but as the weight started to come off and my walking got easer I began to jog a little down hills and then last June I did a half marathon in 3 hrs and 6 min.

I have been working hard and now I jog more than half of my daily 7 mile course. two weeks ago I did a 10K in 1 hr and 6 min but when I finished I knew I could have done better. This morning I did the Helen Gold 10K in Overland Park Kansas and set a New personal best 10K 58:00

I will do another half marathon in Oct and I would like to get in somewhere close to 2hrs

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You such a motivator and encourager with how far you have come! Great job and God bless as you go after bigger and better things! Can't wait to report on my first 10K and 1/2!!
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is such a great effort you are doing so well be proud of yourself,keep up the good work.
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great achievement!!!
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow, that fantastic!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job and Big Congrats.

For whatever reason I skimed over the word "half" where you described the half marathon. 3 hours is darn good for a "half" marathon but you could imagine the thoughts I was having when I thought you were saying 3 hours for a full marathon.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wow! u are my inspiration! that is fab timing!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Congratulations, those are great times! :smile:
  • tcarnes72
    Options
    Way to go GREAT JOB!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! wtg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!