Should I eat more or less?

Options
I'm trying to get rid of stubborn fat on my butt and tone/tighten it up. I'm skinny everywhere else except for that one area, so it looks very disproportionate. I already eat very little (around 1000-1200 calories a day) and fast for 20 hours a day. I've been doing this for months, but I still have lots of stubborn fat there.

Given this, should I cut calories even more to get rid of the fat, or increase it to build muscle there that will burn the fat?

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You're already undereating, please please do not lower your calories.

Toning helps more than losing weight. I'd increase your calories and do a recomp. How much do you weigh? If you've been eating like that for months, you may already be underweight. The way you see your body might not be the way others see it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    If you are still in the 120s and 5'5", I'm going to quote myself from two previous threads:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805415/no-results-in-5-months-should-i-give-up

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804968/started-weight-loss-journey-in-january-but-only-gained-weight-help-please
    rachaelzel wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice. I'm not really looking to recomp right now though, last time I tried I went up a few dress sizes because the muscle grew without getting rid of any fat (even though I was dieting and hitting correct macros in hopes of getting rid of the fat) so I just looked bigger overall. I'm trying to fit in some smaller clothes, so if possible I would like to get rid of fat and then start building muscle once I'm lean.
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My ex got 8" taller during college. It wouldn't have made sense for him to fit into his pre-college clothes, now would it?

The same might be true for you - you could be at an adult weight now and your goals are unrealistic.

Ask someone objective who sees you undressed, like your doctor or GYN, if you actually need to lose weight, and if so, how much.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. I was like once, and I know I had highly disordered eating habits and was never satisfied with how I looked. I spent so much wasted time on this. I would highly suggest to re-evaluate your relationship with your body--possibly seeking out a therapist or even online body dysmorphia support groups? I'd also suggest looking into fitness professionals who once had body dysmorphia, but now help others learn to appreciate their bodies as they are while still working to get stronger (like Nia Shanks).
  • pandeyshivam9863
    pandeyshivam9863 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much u r eating but it should be oil free. You can eat rice,chalaati, eggs, fish, chicken or other things but again it should be oil free along with it u have to do some excercise or yoga. Or if u are a bodybuilder than focus on dite, excercise and suppliment if want quick results.