How do you deal with hors d'oeuvres

Options
How do you track hors d'oeuvres? is there a way to plan party eating?

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If its a special occasion to me, I eat what I feel like and log it, making guesses as to what's closest. If its an event I don't care about, I watch what I eat and drink and llog that as close as I can.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lol I didn't even know how to spell it...
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bring a healthier platter to share so you can munch away and be social. That and don't take anything you don't LOVE or really really want and only have one of whatever items you chose. Good luck!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i make it a point to always pronounce it incorrectly.
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Those are my downfall!!! Not sure how to count the calories on them either- I almost think just make good choices (carrots celery and dip etc) and then enjoy a few more exciting treats and call it a day...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    This is where I trip up. One of the reasons I decided to lose weight was my mom telling me "I've never seen you eat so more hors d'oeuvres as you did today." I don't know what I'm gonna do over the holidays!!
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We had a meeting at our church last night and I knew the food was going to be delicious, but OH so bad for me! About an hour before we left, I ate a big plate of sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers lightly drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with Nature's Seasoning. It was SOOO good! And when we got to our meeting, I had one small piece of chicken, about half a cup of chilli, two thin slices of lean brisket, and one small piece of corn bread. And the dessert (which I made) I just grabbed a clean fork, and took ONE bite. It was delicious, but I didn't succumb to the temptation of 1 whole piece (which totaled over 400 calories!!!).
  • treesyb
    treesyb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We had a meeting at our church last night and I knew the food was going to be delicious, but OH so bad for me! About an hour before we left, I ate a big plate of sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers lightly drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled with Nature's Seasoning. It was SOOO good! And when we got to our meeting, I had one small piece of chicken, about half a cup of chilli, two thin slices of lean brisket, and one small piece of corn bread. And the dessert (which I made) I just grabbed a clean fork, and took ONE bite. It was delicious, but I didn't succumb to the temptation of 1 whole piece (which totaled over 400 calories!!!).

That's a really great idea! I'm going to a party and I know food will be delicious. I should fill up with healthy stuff and only eat my favourites!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

THIS.

I just survived a wedding by eating before I left, just taking a small taste of one or two, and then refusing servers who walked by. GL!
  • shrinkingviolet23
    Options
    tip is to eat before you go out if you can. Crudites are a good way of keeping you occupied and try and keep the pastry based ones to a minimum.
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One tip I've found works is to eat before going (even if it just a snack) that way those hors d'oeuvres don't seem so appealing. I go for simple ones, ones I can tell what the parts are. So I can log them . I count them as much as I can. Usually, I am at a special event and it's my off day, but I still try to log it.