Opinion on goals?

current stats: a hair under 5'3 and 122ish lbs, lowest weight I hit was in november (around 118lbs, might have been dehydrated), I did gain about 2lbs over the holidays (christmas, new years, followed by more birthdays in the family) but stayed within my "don't go over 123-124lbs" range since

I...have been more or less trying to maintain for a bit now, however, I'm not sure where to go from my current stats... I feel like I could drop my bf% lower, but I think in order to do so I might need to drop more weight overall? Opinion? I don't want to lose the muscle I've been working to get for the past 6+ months

i1knzpr6z6qs.png
y2z1tnaijzmy.png

110-115lbs, realistic to keep some definition/lose some fat, or maybe not worth going for?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    id work on recomp if I were you. maybe eat at a VERY SLIGHT deficit but not much. and lift heavy!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    id work on recomp if I were you. maybe eat at a VERY SLIGHT deficit but not much. and lift heavy!

that's what I've been trying to do since roughly july last year
  • netitheyeti
    edited January 2021
    just realised that maybe sounded a bit blunt, I HAVE seen some positive changes, don't get me wrong :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    You look great! I also vote recomp!
  • netitheyeti
    honestly, thanks <3 I still don't think like I "look like I work out" tbh, but I know my brain is my worst critic
    So, with recomp... would I just need to keep going or do anything special? I currently tend to do lower body 2x a week (weights), upper body 2x a week (weights) and cardio the rest of the time, with an occasional day off
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    honestly, thanks <3 I still don't think like I "look like I work out" tbh, but I know my brain is my worst critic
    So, with recomp... would I just need to keep going or do anything special? I currently tend to do lower body 2x a week (weights), upper body 2x a week (weights) and cardio the rest of the time, with an occasional day off

Oh, you look like you work out, all right! You look really nice, IMO.

(I'm not going to opine on the strength routine, because that's not my wheelhouse. 😉 I hope others will help with that.)
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    There is a whole amazing thread on recomp over in the stickies in the maintenance forum.

I've been recomping for 15 months now and am slowly but surely dropping BF and getting leaner and stronger. Between January and September last year I had two bodpod analysis tests which showed a 4% decrease in BF and a 2kg gain of muscle so its working! I've been doing this by eating at a 10% defecit on non-lifting days and on lifting days I eat at maintenance. Your upper/lower split is fine, there's no real need for bro splits unless you're competing or shifting some Olympic level weight. The most important thing is to lift heavy and progressively - there are some great programmes around like 5x5 or strong curves if you aren't familiar with the pattern.
  • netitheyeti
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Oh, you look like you work out, all right! You look really nice, IMO.

(I'm not going to opine on the strength routine, because that's not my wheelhouse. 😉 I hope others will help with that.)

oh I know it's most likely not perfect/optimal, it's just what tends to feel good xD
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You're at a healthy weight, so just focus on your program. A good lifting program is the best way to get the best results from your strength training.