It's the Cheat Days!

Options
2»

Replies

• 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want (so happens I love food that makes me healthy/fit). I don't go over my weight loss deficit and usually a bit below so it allows me to enjoy a few calories over if I choose. This is a built in buffer if I chose to go over a few calories one day. I've found for my weightless strategy this works really well as my body does not get use to a consistent low amount of calories but allows me to have consistent weight loss. I eat nutrient dense foods with low calories...so I don't feel like I am restricting or experiencing hunger. I record and reflect on my macros/micros and calories daily and plan for the next day. My caloric deficit for the week is met every week or a few calories below.
  • jasdebi2012
    jasdebi2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't believe in "cheat" days. You can "cheat" on your exams, or your partner, or things like these, where a 2nd person is involved and you have some responsibility over them (e.g. as a student to study, as a lover to be loyal and so on). When you have "cheat" days, whom are you cheating? Yourself? That's like seeing yourself as 2 persons, one who is healthy and one who is not, and the 2nd does the cheating against the 1st. In my opinion, this internal splitting and conflict between the two will eventually lead to failure.

Instead, dieting/food choices should be about giving your body what it needs to live. That's it. Do you need a tacobell to live? No. So, there is no need to cheat on any day.
    Should someone eat just everything? Well yes, they can also go outdoors and start eating rocks from the ground.

Also, I don't like trading off nutritious food for something that has nothing or little to offer. I do eat pizzas, but I make them myself, I don't buy ready-to-cook pizzas that are filled with high amounts of sodium and carbs of unknown origin, with just a very little amount of protein or healthy fats. So, even on the #PizzaDays I am staying on my calorie deficit and reach my macros.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    Someone in another thread long ago wrote - "Call them treat days, not cheat days." That's how I think of them. Just track everything as accurately as possible and enjoy those days. One day will not derail you.

Yep.. this. I track my occasional treat day and enjoy the hell out of it 🙂
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!