Hi!

Options
I suffer with binge eating from bulimia nervosa but Im here to try and change that! Ive been going a few weeks strong which is amazing for me and Im finally having a look in the community section! Glad to be here! :)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Do read all the stickies threads at the top of the forums. They’re gold!

And if you have any questions, please ask!

Good luck. 🍀
  • mhormils
    mhormils Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Lindsey. I lost 30 lbs in 2018 through "Medi-WeightLoss" (basically a food awareness diet aided by Adipex) 10 lbs have creeped back on so I'd like to focus on shedding them. I have paid for MFP premium, but I'm not sure how to take advantage of all it has to offer. Need to find a Getting Started tutorial. And I really miss the Adipex :D
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,803 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community, both of you.

@missayumi
    Congratulations on taking the first steps to conquer your eating disorder. Those recovering from ED are welcome here and hopefully some others in similar situations will be along to offer suggestions and words of encouragement. Other than conquering your ED, what other goals do you have and how can we help you reach them?

@mhormils
    The good news is that you do not need diet pills. Get them out of your head. They are nothing but a crutch until you learn a new set of skills. Medi-weightloss programs are popular because they help people lose a lot of weight in a relatively short time. Unfortunately, many times people don't learn new habits and often the weight lost is not done in a healthy way. They lose the weight and go right back to what caused them to gain it, even if the weight creeps on slowly. With only 10 pounds to lose, you'll need to be patient and set a realistic goal. Tip: 2 pounds a week isn't realistic in your scenario.

For both of you, I recommend checking out this sticky thread and taking time to read some of the linked posts:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

It contains a list of the most helpful threads for getting started, as voted by our Community members.

Best wishes to you both on your journeys. As @quiksylver296 says, if you have any questions just ask.