Bouncing back after Covid

It's been 3 weeks since I tested positive for Covid and I'm still on bed rest, too exhausted to move around for more than a few minutes at a time. It's been a rough few weeks. I know it's going to take a while to recover and I'm lucky it wasn't worse, but it's hard to go from 20,000+ steps a day to this.

Anyone who has had Covid - how long did it take you to feel fit enough to resume normal exercise?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I have not had it.. but my daughter and her friends have.. and it was so different for each of them. One of her friends was still feeling bad when all the others were back to normal. However, she kept herself in a doctor's care..and I would suggest that would be the best thing you could do.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Hope you turn that corner soon and feel better!!! Keep doing what the dr. tells you and have hope.
    <3
  • hungrywombat
    hungrywombat Posts: 47 Member
    I had it in the summer and for me while I got to feeling 90% better in about a week, it took me about a month to recuperate that last 10% with not every day being the same feeling of wellness. Please know ..... attention women ...... your hair will thin ..... a lot ....about 2 months after you have covid!! I was totally taken off guard by this and was so scared that my diet was causing it. So, don't be alarmed when that happens. And about the time you think you are going to have to buy a wig, it will stop. That's my public service announcement for today 😁

What! Wow never heard that one so thanks for the heads-up. Covid is just the gift that keeps on giving isn't it.
  • hungrywombat
    hungrywombat Posts: 47 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm going to take a chance on posting this here, hoping the OP won't object to the semi-digression:

The US National Institutes of Health (government agency), where an epidemiologist I know works, is seeking people in the US who have had (and tested positive for) COVID-19 for a research study. They want to analyze DNA and health history of these people, and use the data to find biomarkers that influence the severity of symptoms.

There are some basic eligibility criteria, and those selected would need to provide blood or saliva samples, complete a health history questionnaire (phone or online), and share symptom/health info for a period of 30-60 days. Compensation up to $70 may be provided. More info here: https://service.cancer.gov/covidcode

I'd ask those not interested to scroll by, please don't spam-flag. This info was spam-flagged on another Covid thread here, so I requested moderator review myself, and the spam flags were removed. From that, I'd conclude that sharing this information on Covid threads here is acceptable under MFP terms of service.

Thanks for your patience: I hope all of us would be interested in scientific research that contributes to better understanding Covid, whether we're personally interesting in participating in a study, or not.

That sounds really interesting - the more data there is, the better we will understand it. I'm not in the US but am going to look into similar studies here. I feel like more data is needed on the young-ish/healthy/struggling category.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    After COVID my main side effect was to easily feel winded or short of breath. I was only going for moderate walks before and after, not a serious exercise routine. I'd say it took 4 wks after I recovered before I stopped feeling like there was an impact.