Losing 100+ lbs?

Options
Hello, I am in the process of losing 160 lbs.

I am looking for some support from people who are going through this too or people who have already been through this and have come out the other side.

Please join me and we can lean on each other.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in your position, but I do want to cheer you on! Do you have a plan to reach your goal?
  • BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, Jake! I'm in the processs of dropping 155 pounds off. I'm working on it being a long, consistant, doable road.
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Was 265, down to 170. But with setbacks and life, (read: eating and not working out) back up to 215... trying to get back down and catch this seemingly run away weight train!
    Making sure I do some workout E.V.E.R.Y. DAY. (30min or 1 hour) and trying to control my diet (it'll be better after these cookies are gone) i know...
  • Andeelynn45
    Andeelynn45 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose , please add me
  • SpringB82
    SpringB82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me happy to help motivate and support!!
  • azuremiste
    azuremiste Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I lost 90 pounds 3 years ago and the weight has slowly crept back on so I need accountability too! Anyone who needs support too, feel free to add me!
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have just under 100 lbs to lose now...I'm 6'3" and started at 285 and want to get to 185. Annoyed that MFP won't let you calculate more than 2 lbs of weight to lose per week. There is no way I can wait a year or more to look decent.
  • JerMTL
    JerMTL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there friend!
    My journey started last week and I'm looking for some accountability/ support buddies.
    I've got 120 lbs to lose so I'd be happy to go in with you on this!
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started at 286, now down to 160. My doc set my goal at 155, but I might want to go down to 145. It started in November of 2018. Just rewarded myself for my efforts with a tummy tuck & arm lift :)
  • BlossomingJenn
    BlossomingJenn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started at 286, now down to 160. My doc set my goal at 155, but I might want to go down to 145. It started in November of 2018. Just rewarded myself for my efforts with a tummy tuck & arm lift :)

Kristie, how much did the TT & AL cost?
  • kristieshannon
    Options
    I went to Miami, which is the hot bed of plastic surgery in the US. I paid $16,100. This was FAR less than my quotes in Seattle which ranged from $30,000-$40,000. Even after paying for flights, a rental car, and an AirBnB I came out way ahead. There are “chop shop” clinics in Miami that you can get it done for even less, but I chose a doc who is known to do very good work and had an excellent safety record.
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Working on losing about 90lbs here. 3 weeks in and I exercise daily, drink a gallon of water and am tracking here. Would love to have support and friends on this journey. Feel Free to add me!!
  • MissMarie140
    MissMarie140 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the process of losing 170 pounds. So far I'm down 31 pounds. That took me a year though. I joined today hoping to start tracking my food so I can speed this up. I need more accuracy and accountability. Add me! And anyone else looking for support 🙂🙂
  • kristieshannon
    Options
    quote="MissMarie140;c-45698631"]Hi! I'm in the process of losing 170 pounds. So far I'm down 31 pounds. That took me a year though. I joined today hoping to start tracking my food so I can speed this up. I need more accuracy and accountability. Add me! And anyone else looking for support 🙂🙂[/quote]

Welcome! I’ve been using MFP to track my intake and exercise for the last 1.5 years, during which I’ve lost 126 lbs. it’s a great tool, and a great supportive community!

• SelfLove2point0
    SelfLove2point0 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 😊
  • twisty63blue63
    twisty63blue63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing 170 pounds.
    Please add me.