February Reset?

4 weeks long.
Starts on a Monday.
28 days to form a habit.

Going to give it my all. Anyone with me?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hi and welcome.

What new habits are you hoping to make?

I've set myself the following goals for Feb (I like a countdown type challenge so usually pick 10/8/5 - 1)

๐Ÿ‘ฃ8000 Steps per day average
    ๐Ÿ›Œ 7 hours sleep per night min.
    ๐Ÿ“บ 60 mins TV max. weekdays
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 5 mins meditation / yoga per day
    ๐Ÿ” 4 portions protein per day
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 3 strength training seshs per week
    ๐Ÿ“‰ 250 calorie deficit per day avg.
    ๐Ÿงฎ 100% consistent and accurate food logging

I'll be using MFP for tracking my nutrition/calorie goals, Garmin Connect and Strava for my exercise goals and Calm for my wellbeing goals.

• AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi what would this involve?

I've been back on MFP for a week now.
    I have been logging my meals, trying to stay under 1460 calories per day
    Using the exercise bike every morning for 30 minutes - each time pushing myself to beat my previous distance and calorie burn
    Trying to keep busy through lockdown by doing housework (the majority of the time ๐Ÿ˜…), decorating, making excuses just to walk to the shop and back.
    My next habit to kickstart is walking more most days to burn more calories and relieve boredom and stress. Although I sometimes struggle going out alone, this is something I want to be able to achieve without having to gear myself up just to get out the front door.
    Xx

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Hi what would this involve?

I've been back on MFP for a week now.
    I have been logging my meals, trying to stay under 1460 calories per day
    Using the exercise bike every morning for 30 minutes - each time pushing myself to beat my previous distance and calorie burn
    Trying to keep busy through lockdown by doing housework (the majority of the time ๐Ÿ˜…), decorating, making excuses just to walk to the shop and back.
    My next habit to kickstart is walking more most days to burn more calories and relieve boredom and stress. Although I sometimes struggle going out alone, this is something I want to be able to achieve without having to gear myself up just to get out the front door.
    Xx

Have you thought of listening to a podcast or audiobook, might also help relieve the boredom and make the walks feel less lonely ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • AstraL12
    AstraL12 Posts: 47 Member
    Never thought of that!
    I can't leave the house without my earphones and feel lost without them when I'm out on my own. I listen to music while I'm walking but will give an audiobook a try. Thank you :) x
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Walking is good. Hubby and I go out each morning, even in the rain. Itโ€™s almost like a commute to work when weโ€™re working from home ๐Ÿคฃ
    A February reset is what I need too.
    Count me in! ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ