Weight loss

Options
They say 1 to 2 lbs of weight loss per week is healthy. Does that apply for everyone or does depend on how much weight you have to lose because im 350lbs i was eating like 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day. Im eating way less then that now and I'm losing more than the 1 to 2lbs a week

Replies

• Mondowefte
    Mondowefte Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Generally, the larger your weight, the faster you can lose it. At 350lb, it is likely to come off quicker than someone who is 150lb.

But there are two main reasons to try to go a bit slower. The first is to preserve muscle mass as you lose, and good protein levels and exercise will help that. The second is that you way of eating needs to be sustainable, because when you go back to your old food choices, you will go back to your old body. Many people restrict drastically and then give up when they are not perfect. Instead, make smaller, more manageable changes that can be maintained for the rest of your life.
  • bradleysatchel
    bradleysatchel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much I really appreciate it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,503 Member
    Options
    Hi, Bradley. Welcome to MFP! It sounds like you’re doing well so far. Have you entered your data and set up a calorie goal? Weighing and logging?

This is a group you might find really helpful:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Best of success to you! Please be active on the forums. You’ll find so much helpful info and nonjudgmental support here!