Almost game time

Options
I love junk food so this is going to kill me. What cuts cravings?

Replies

• freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not giving in to them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    I allow any and all foods, I just have to fit them in my calorie target.

If I’m craving something small, I just fit it in my day. If I’m craving something more caloric, I tell myself I can have it Friday (or whatever day 3-4 days away). Usually that craving goes away by Friday. If not, I eat it, log it, enjoy it, and move on.
  • maryly78
    maryly78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We just made Buffalo cauliflower and it was really good. Roast cauliflower in the over, mix with hot sauce, red wine vinegar and a little bit of melted butter, toss with the cauliflower and then serve with low fat or yogurt based blue cheese.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,078 Member
    Options

If I’m craving something small, I just fit it in my day. If I’m craving something more caloric, I tell myself I can have it Friday (or whatever day 3-4 days away). Usually that craving goes away by Friday. If not, I eat it, log it, enjoy it, and move on.

This is a far less miserable way to do it than creating a forbidden foods approach (unless you have specific binge triggering foods).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

This is a far less miserable way to do it than creating a forbidden foods approach (unless you have specific binge triggering foods).

True! There are foods I do NOT buy. Flamin Hot Cheetos is one. I cannot regulate them, I will eat the whole bag and drive to the store for another.

I had to completely cut them out.

But for the most part, I allow all foods in moderation.