• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can create and rename categories

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Speaking of snacks...I have a question :) What are your thoughts on the Atkins Endulge snacks for example, the chocolate coconut bar or the lemon wafer crisp. A friend introduced me to them as an option to have with my tea! Thanks!
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Rather than snacks, I would suggest multiple small meals throughout the day. I name mine 1-6 and also show where my pre and post-workout meals would be.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    gfinley49 wrote: »
    Speaking of snacks...I have a question :) What are your thoughts on the Atkins Endulge snacks for example, the chocolate coconut bar or the lemon wafer crisp. A friend introduced me to them as an option to have with my tea! Thanks!

Do you like the taste? Can you fit their calories into your day? Have at it. :)
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    luceegj wrote: »

Rather than snacks, I would suggest multiple small meals throughout the day. I name mine 1-6 and also show where my pre and post-workout meals would be.

You can have up to 6 categories (I think). In additional to Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, I have one for drinks. I then have two Snacks categories. One is for pre-planned things that I bought ahead and intended to have with my lunch (lentil crisps, apple or other fruits, cheese & crackers etc) and one for the adhoc things that were spur of the moment (mostly things brought in to the office by colleagues, pre-covid lockdowns). Although I've almost always eaten within my calorie allowance, albeit often offsetting the adhoc snacks with longer gym sessions (when gyms were open), the segregation in my MFP diary enabled me to see how much was going on unplanned items. I reached my target weight a year ago, but that separate tracking helped me see what adjustments were needed to my other meals so that I didn't feel the need to pick at cakes, biscuits, pastries etc
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    gfinley49 wrote: »

never had them. if I have a snack its usually oreos (at bedtime lol) or fruit or yogurt or popcorn.

honestly, stuff like those bars all taste like cardboard to me, or have more calories for the portion size than what id prefer.
    luceegj wrote: »

that would never work for me. id be starving all day and eat anything I could get my hands on.

for ME, I generally skip breakfast (we are not a breakfast family). I have a small lunch, dinner, and the aforementioned oreos at bedtime. sometimes ill have a snack in the afternoon but its not routine for me.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,566 Member
    Options
    I just have my day broken down into 4hr blocks in my diary, with military time (I'm an RN who mostly works days, but sometimes nights, so this works for me.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like a couple of the atkins bars. If they are what you like and fit in your goals, go for it. I've been eating a lot more fruit and nuts instead of bars lately. You can log snacks with youreals or create separate meals for them
    Doesn't matter what time you log them.