What’s your Crazy COVID hobbies?

DWBalboa
DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
With social distancing and quarantining many people have taken up hobbies. So what hobby or hobbies have you taken up during COVID?
I’ll get this started.
I have taken up hatchet throwing. I even built a heavy duty target board, just completed it last night.
Otherwise not too many new hobbies but been catching up on a lot of stuff. Been doing tool recovery, lots of minor auto repairs, fixing broke stuff around the house, and a lot more cooking. I’d like to see some of y’alls hobbies as possible options for me to investigate.

Replies

• DWBalboa
    Those are beautiful. What are they called? I wouldn't mind trying that out.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    w543toscwcan.jpg

I accidentally domesticated a squirrel. Now I am responsible for his wellbeing.

This is the best! ❤️
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited February 2021
    Nothing crazy.

But I had balayage blonde hair for the longest time and then during lockdown I went in and put more blonde in it- it’s mostly blonde now. The health of my hair is really important to me that’s why I never went full in with the bleaching. I hate the look of dried out, over processed, crispy blonde hair. But I’ve managed to keep it looking shiny and healthy so far because I been obsessed with making my own concoctions of hair masks, and finding oils to maintain it. Right now I’m using grape- seed oil on my ends.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »

I don't really know what to call them 😆 just trying to be creative using pieces of beach wood I picked up and leftover yarn.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    w543toscwcan.jpg

This is the best! ❤️

All I'm saying is - do not offer a squirrel some cereal on a whim if you aren't prepared to buy him a picnic bench, deal with him staring into your soul through the windows, invest heavily in organic unsalted peanuts, and make daily IG updates about him for his 6-12 year lifespan which you did not know about when you originally offered him cereal. Its a full time thing.

i want him
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    w543toscwcan.jpg

This is the best! ❤️

All I'm saying is - do not offer a squirrel some cereal on a whim if you aren't prepared to buy him a picnic bench, deal with him staring into your soul through the windows, invest heavily in organic unsalted peanuts, and make daily IG updates about him for his 6-12 year lifespan which you did not know about when you originally offered him cereal. Its a full time thing.

The real life equivalent to the book series "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". :lol:
  • DWBalboa
    Real talk: I haven't been using this time wisely. Working, eating and sleeping seems to be my current hobbies. 😳

No time like the present!
  • DWBalboa
    w543toscwcan.jpg

That is too cute!
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Fitness 🤷
  • DWBalboa
    Nothing too wild. I feel like I've been making the most out of the solitude.

- Playing Hide & Seek with the vacuum attachments
    - Writing long-winded, irate reviews on Amazon under the pseudonym Gloria Hallelujah
    - Starting a support group on Zoom for depressed goldfish owners
    - Having staring contests with the liquor cabinet until one of us budges

Actually, I have taken up the old bartending bug I use to have and making different coattail's.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa wrote: »

I don't really know what to call them 😆 just trying to be creative using pieces of beach wood I picked up and leftover yarn.

Well, they are beautiful and they remind me of native American works. Are they?
  • DWBalboa
    bun75wj2xpa1.jpg

Here's my new target board with my hatchets.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    w543toscwcan.jpg

This is the best! ❤️

Awwwwwww
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    o878ebdm1orj.jpg
    d4qvbek1elu6.jpg
    trs1eo5hw4km.jpg
    mmf38u3srpgy.jpg