Introduction - GONNA SHED THIS MEAT SUIT

Hello from Washington State. Hi my beautiful friends. Today is my first day of tracking (my first day AGAIN). I have tried this before and have not been consistent. I think actually being HONEST about how much food I put in my GULLET was shocking, embarrassing and something I did not want to face. I am currently at my highest weight and that concerns me. I set a 2 lb a week cycle. My goal is to workout 4 days a week with a heavy emphasis on weights and low impact, standing work outs for cardio. Youtube has some great standing workouts (no jumping). Hoping to meet fellow sojourners, friends, accountability and encouragement. Here is to DOING HARD THINGS.

Cheers,
Elaine

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Welcome Elaine! On the way, you'll find the hard things get easier.

That means it's time to find NEW hard things to try in terms of exercise and nutrition.

Is there anything specific MFPers like me can help you with as you start?
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Oh my god. Totally stealing this. I'm shedding my meat suit as well :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Hello from next door! Shedding the meat suit! <3<3<3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Welcome (back?) to MFP! For sure, logging can be startling at first. But, if one can get past that, slow and steady with a sustainable process tends to win the race, I think. I have to admit, I'm not really a "doing hard things" kind of gal, but found it surprisingly easy to remodel my eating routine gradually, keep up with some mostly-fun kinds of exercise, and make progress on goals. These days, I'm mostly hanging out here in year 5+ of weight maintenance.

It sounds like you have a great start: Wishing you huge success here!