Is there a way to add steps without an app?

Options
I have a step counter that doesn't connect to anything and I can't figure out how to enter steps in MFP as an exercise. Is there a way to do that?

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can't add the number of steps, but you can add the amount of minutes you walked. There are several entries for "Walking" in the Cardio section of the Exercise tab, with different speeds. You just need to pick the one you think it's closest to your walking speed.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. Just hoping to be able to add steps.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You could use the Notes section of the diary to record your steps for that day.
  • DavWillTry
    DavWillTry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can create a new exercise (on My Exercises page). It will say minutes, but you will know it is steps because you can name the exercise that. :)
  • DoneWorking
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Found an app, Pacer Pedometer, that links with MFP. I can use my step counter and manually enter the info into the app and it will load the info to the exercise section of MFP. I think it's gonna work just fine.
  • KaceeAnne83
    KaceeAnne83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a step counter that doesn't connect to anything and I can't figure out how to enter steps in MFP as an exercise. Is there a way to do that?

I just go into exercise, say add exercise, type in step counter and how many steps on first line, second line will ask calories burned, next line total time. As my counter doesn't connect either. That's how I did it. Hope it helps.
  • DoneWorking
    Options

I just go into exercise, say add exercise, type in step counter and how many steps on first line, second line will ask calories burned, next line total time. As my counter doesn't connect either. That's how I did it. Hope it helps.

That's perfect!! Thanx so much!