Looking for HELP- losing too much weight.

Options
Good morning folks!
So somewhere along my weight loss journey I injured my foot, due to the medication I am now taking I seem to have lost my appetite completely. I’m looking for advice maybe from the weightlifting community to put on some pounds... I am currently 110 lbs at 5’5 so slightly underweight. Trying to tackle this issue before it gets worse. I found a bulking powder at gnc that’s 1340 calories more than I can get in a day so planning on implementing that. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thank you

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're on the right track. Take all the tips and tricks people like to throw around about how to lose weight and do the opposite:
    - eat on a schedule not necessarily when you're hungry
    - seek out liquid calories and/or calorie-dense foods

That said, you're only 2-3 lbs below the underweight threshold. Are you able to exercise at all to gain muscle right now?
  • kaIesalad
    kaIesalad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can exercise my upper body, I have pt helping me with my foot/leg muscles.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I am concerned about what medication you are taking for your foot that would affect your apatite! And for how long? Yikes!

Anyway, you know it isn't complicated to eat a little more food in the day. Just add a snack or two somewhere that you haven't had one. Eat something calorie dense and healthy, like avocado on toast, nut butter on toast, butter on toast, cheese on toast. (Hey, I like toast, what can I say?)

Best of luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • schneezle
    schneezle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kaIesalad wrote: »
    Good morning folks!
    So somewhere along my weight loss journey I injured my foot, due to the medication I am now taking I seem to have lost my appetite completely. I’m looking for advice maybe from the weightlifting community to put on some pounds... I am currently 110 lbs at 5’5 so slightly underweight. Trying to tackle this issue before it gets worse. I found a bulking powder at gnc that’s 1340 calories more than I can get in a day so planning on implementing that. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thank you

I think 110 pounds at a height of 5 foot 5 inches seems very thin. When I was about 23 I weighed 105 and I am 5 foot 4 inches.

I put on 10 pounds in basic training in the military and everyone said I looked much better.

Good luck with getting healthier and I hope your appetite comes back; I only wish I weighed what I did way back then lol - it seems the older you get the harder it is to lose ☺
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Go for calorie dense foods..full fat milk, cottage cheese, ice cream, etc; all within context of hitting micros and macros...