Losing weight being diabetic 2
loridrechslerweaver Posts: 2 Member
I am here to track my meals and track how many carbs I eat daily and calories. I hope to meet some friends that are diabetic and wanting to lose weight or any people that have my same goal. thanks
Welcome - sounds like a good plan. I'm not diabetic myself, but I've seen quite a few folks here have success in weight loss, then reduction in need for meds for T2D control, so I'm betting you'll get find some others starting out with some of the same goals. Wishing you much success!0
It is possible.
This is my one month anniversary of tracking my food.
Last week (at 3 1/2 weeks) I had my doctor appt for A1c. Last check in was 8.3 beginning Nov.
Last week was 6.2! I had lost 12 pounds (since before Christmas, it had probably been up over the holidays).
I've been waking up with low blood sugar numbers and last week the doctor lowered the insulin from 80 units to 70. Today he lowered it to 60 units. That's one of the benefits of eating better.
Keep at it and take it One Day at a Time. We can always cheat tomorrow 😸 just not for today 😉1
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2019 ...fast forward I am now considered pre diabetic...off all meds and have lost 50 lbs so far ....Feel free to add me ...wishing you the very best1
I was in ketoacidosis Dec '18. I've lost 50 lbs since. I don't know what my a1c was but today my doc told me it was 5 .1 same as last time. I'm not on meds anymore. Diet. Exercise. Watch your carbs.1
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.2K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 576 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.6K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions