I could use some support

Options
Hey guys, I really need some friends who are serious about eating healthly and losing some weight. I currently live with my family who are not very supportive and often the only things to eat are very unhealthy options. I just need a little support and encouragement to stay on track. If you need that too, let's be friends!

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you'll find much needed support here.
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've actually been here over a year, I just used to have more offline support than I do now :(
  • melly424
    Options
    All I can say is that you can do it! I started my journey on January 7, 2011. I was the only one in my family who took it seriously, so here I was, eating healthy and trying not to cheat, but everyone else was eating bad stuff. My daughter climbed on board with me, but has been on again, off again. Currently, she is on board and I hope she stays. My husband finally decided to hop on board in June and it has been great having him as a supportive partner. I was at a stand still for awhile, but he has motivated me. I never asked him to join me because I knew that would turn him away. He made the decision on his own and has done wonderfully. If you stick with it and your family starts to see you become successful, maybe they will join you. If not, don't let that discourage you! You do this for you! :happy: :happy:
  • franscott
    Options
    You can do it!! Just think your doing this for yourself..so its up to you to workout and eat right...despite what your family does. Its not easy...but if it was everyone would be doing it!!
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Your words of encouragement help. :)
  • BBCTiffyB
    BBCTiffyB Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You are going to have an unbelievable amount of support here. I have only been on here a week and have already made so many wonderful friends who support me in my fitness and nutrition journey then anyone other than my husband. Most of my family laughs at me when I mention my diet or working out. So on here, they are my "fitness family" and are extremely supportive!

You can do it!