Military Girlfriends/Spouses?

Options
My boyfriend goes on deployment soon, and my goal is to lose as much weight as I can during the time he’s gone (but have it be a surprise for when he returns home)!

I would like some friends who can understand during this journey of mine.

Who’s in?

Replies

• ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My husband is retired from the Canadian military (32 years in) but my daughter is thinking of joining. She put in her application for Officer Training last week. Lots of military members on her father's side of the family. Feel free to add me.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did a brief stint in the Army, now my husband is the one serving. I've been through a couple deployments now, if you ever need to vent after he does leave. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Cmwkburd
    Cmwkburd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me! My husband is active duty and travels frequently also (not overseas deployments though)
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ehhh, I'm the odd duck.. my wife went back active.
    but I get what you're trying to do. good luck! add if you want, always logging in trying to get better because she's always fit and I'm trying to catch up lol
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ah deployments suck lol. I'm in the military so I understand using the time the best you can!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    Back in 80's when I did door to door sales, I always wanted a military wife alone for an appointment. Always interesting day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chantellezxc
    chantellezxc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Haha when I get a door sales man as a military wife I’m just like ‘I’ll have to ask my husband, bye’ don’t see how that would interest anyone.

Also I hope op made her goal but I’m sure her man was overjoyed to see her again regardless.

This is my motivation too I get to see him about every month so it’s exciting to look better each time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    Haha when I get a door sales man as a military wife I’m just like ‘I’ll have to ask my husband, bye’ don’t see how that would interest anyone.

Also I hope op made her goal but I’m sure her man was overjoyed to see her again regardless.

This is my motivation too I get to see him about every month so it’s exciting to look better each time.
    Back then I was younger, single and had a one track mind. Being in good shape helped and I was good at charming. Yeah I know sleazeball, but in my early 20's with high hormones raging, I wasn't thinking with my brain. And believe me there were lots of girlfriend/wives who had their men away 6 months at a time and that can take a toll.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KKLove54myfam
    KKLove54myfam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat! Deployment soon want to be in best shape ever when he comes home! Need all the motivation and support I can get 💜