Can I, Should I still have fruits? Rice?

Options
I know fruits are going to be better for me than Mcdonalds or something from the Gas Station before work and for breakfast but I'm really trying to hit my micro numbers and it seems like if I start my day off with fruit, even though low calorie, ramp up the carb %. Same with Rice. I love having a cup of rice with chicken as my go to because it is a ton of food, low calorie and fills me up but that carb number is the killer. Am I whining and I'm fine with a high number? I honestly have no idea and need advice or maybe some substitutions to help or even check my numbers and educate me if I'm off or wrong, I'll take all the advice I can get. Thanks in advance!!

Metrics to help if needed

6' 0

BMR ~2027
Kcal / TDEE ~2432
Deficiency ~1932

Protein 30%
Fat 35%
Carbs 35%

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Great minds and all that!
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Releven wrote: »
    I know fruits are going to be better for me than Mcdonalds or something from the Gas Station before work and for breakfast but I'm really trying to hit my micro numbers and it seems like if I start my day off with fruit, even though low calorie, ramp up the carb %. Same with Rice. I love having a cup of rice with chicken as my go to because it is a ton of food, low calorie and fills me up but that carb number is the killer. Am I whining and I'm fine with a high number? I honestly have no idea and need advice or maybe some substitutions to help or even check my numbers and educate me if I'm off or wrong, I'll take all the advice I can get. Thanks in advance!!

Metrics to help if needed

6' 0

BMR ~2027
    Kcal / TDEE ~2432
    Deficiency ~1932

Protein 30%
    Fat 35%
    Carbs 35%

If you are trying reduce your carbs you can switch out rice for quinoa, which is lower carb and calorie per cup, and also has some protein. Strawberries and raspberries are fairly low carb fruits - if you want to start you day with fruit they are easy to blend into drinks.
  • Releven
    Releven Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing and I appriciate the help!
  • greyjulie
    greyjulie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree! I think if you can eat fresh unprocessed food as much as possible and try to avoid sugar, as in the white stuff people load into everything, I think you will be fine! Also a little of what you like keeps you motivated I think if you are too strict it puts you off and you can give up. Well done and keep it going!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,508 Member
    Options
    I eat WHITE rice daily and fruits as well. What matters overall is calories if weight loss is your goal. Get in your RDA's in macro/micro nutrients and if there's calories left over, then eat whatever.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Rice and fruits are just fine!

In fact, I'm probably going to be a wild woman sometime this weekend and make rice with pineapple in it! Lol

ETA: and actually, depending on what you choose from McDonald's or the gas station, some of their breakfast options can be decent on calories and an excellent protein hit!
    Sometimes I want an Egg and Cheese McGriddle, which is about 360 calories, 13 grams of protein, and keeps me full for quite awhile.