Recipe Discovery

Options
Stiles321
Stiles321 Posts: 6 Member
Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried a search and didn’t find anything about it.

My wife and I both downloaded the app 3 days ago on our phones. We both have iPhone XS Max’s
We noticed today under more... menu that below workout routine she has Recipe Discovery and my app doesn’t.

I’ve tried sync, even uninstalled and reinstalled app thinking it might be an update.

Any help on how to get this option on my app would be appreciated
Thanks

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Had to go check and I don’t have that either!

I’ve had the app for as long as I can remember and it’s set to auto-update. They have been adding ‘features’ recently so I can only imagine we’ll all catch up eventually.

I can’t explain why, given that you downloaded what I imagine would be the same version, that you have the discrepancy between you though. Very odd!
  • Stiles321
    Options
    Odd, my thoughts exactly
  • melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It shows up for me along with the new feature that has health and fitness "plans" whicx also says "beta" next to it – looks like they're Beta testing these features so they may not be showing up for all users yet.
  • Stiles321
    Options
    Just weird that we live together, got the app on the same day, have the same phones and same version

Guess time will tell
  • johnela_a
    johnela_a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still an issue. I have app on iPhone X and my iPad, they sync/ update but recipe discovery isn’t on iPad app. Even deleted and re-installed, no difference..
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    What is recipe discovery? I have iPad.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    What is recipe discovery? I have iPad.

It’s basically just a re-jig of the recipes that have long been accessible via the blog/home feed ‘Menu’. They’re roughly categorised into things like ‘vegetarian’, ‘lunches’, ‘under 300cals’, ‘breakfasts’, etc...

I would guess they’ve just re-collated them and put them under ‘recipe discovery’ because lots of people seemed to have issues finding where they were previously.
  • laurynn333
    laurynn333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My issue with the recipe discovery is that once I bookmark a recipe I can’t open my bookmarks. I go to the bookmark page and the pictures of the recipes don’t act like links. I have to try to look through all the recipes in the regular recipe page and there is no search option!
  • mrsf530
    mrsf530 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Similar problem here. Recipe discovery is on iPhone but not on iPad which is annoying because I tend to use the iPad more than the phone
  • jyochus23
    jyochus23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Recipe Discovery is frustrating because you cannot search for a recipe. So if I make a menu out of the recipes I have to remember which collection it came from.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have returned to this site, again; and am very disappointed to find my past recipes saved are not around and can't find a search to look at recipes
  • Ron7507
    Ron7507 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Noticed the same thing. Why is the Recipe discovery not on the iPad? Can someone help? Is this a settings issue?
  • Bcraw4d
    Bcraw4d Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I can find recipe discovery on my iPhone, but not on my iPad. This is a serious miss for myfitnesspal. It is really hard to follow a recipe on a small phone. I have to take screenshots of each part of the recipe until I have it all, and then I airdrop it to my iPad. That is just silly.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with not having the recipes on my iPad but I’ve just found I can get them on my iPhone 7 which is old and has a small screen. Also, there is no way to download the recipe or print it out. Does anyone from MFP even see these remarks?
  • janeiro2
    janeiro2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use this app every day and have only one complaint - I frequently make up new recipes and that works great, but would like to be able to print them out in PDF form (I think that's what it's called) and when I print them, it's just one long column of nutrients but doesn't help to be able to read as a normal recipe. Also, I have not found a way to add instructions. I have MFP premium. Is there an option to add these features? Overall, I love MFP.
  • janeiro2
    janeiro2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Is there no way to print an actual recipe, not just the ingredients? Thanks for any help!