40+ Friends Starting Fresh 2021

Options
12346»

Replies

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    karl05_ wrote: »
    What do you consider running? My fastest pace was 9.59/mile. I generally average about 10.10/mile for 6-12 miles.

At the moment a mile a week for me is a good time , just looking for motivation mainly , and if I can others on the way then great 👍

I think I was a bit mistaken about my time. Yesterday I went 9 miles and average pace was 10.15/mile. We all have to start somewhere. Last March I couldn't do more than 2 miles with walking in between.
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Today it got a bit easier to walk outside. I tend to prefer walking when there is no one around, so its mostly at night when I feel really comfortable to walk. It was super cold but I made it to 50 mins!

@SunnyBunBun79

Great job! Have you considered walking indoors (in your home)? I found lots of walking videos on Youtube. This way you don't have to walk outside in the cold.

I’ve been walking inside today. I propped my iPad up at eye level and read some of a book while doing my own made-up walking routine with a mixture of walking on the spot, side to side steps, high knees, wide steps etc. Also added some flights of stairs into the mix in groups of 5 or 10. Just another idea if videos aren’t your thing like me.
  • Thearchybunker78
    Thearchybunker78 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Stupid thing keeps erroring. Feel free to add me any of you.

42 with 40 to lose
  • bambee2013
    bambee2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and have 30lbs to lose. I also would like to meet women around my age who are like minded
    and want to motivate each other.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all, came in to say hi and also I just discovered that MFP over estimates cals burned LOL! I got a heart rate tracker and calorie tracker for my workout and put it on and did my workout which is Rowing. and when i entered the info in the Exercise tracker in MFP , it had a 100 extra cals guesstimated. Well, now I know! I only record the exercise as 1 cal since I dont eat back my calories and if I see the added workout cals then I for sure will EAT IT ALL!
  • RunningOffTheCrazy
    Options
    53 and trying to drop 30lbs to get back to race weight after recovering from a knee injury.
  • adcraw4life
    adcraw4life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 42 and have about 23 pounds to lose feel free to add me would love to help out. I have been successful and am down 30 pds right now!
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    How is everyone getting on this week??

I have started trying to improve my fitness, and so far going well - looking after myself in general helps me be motivated to stay on the diet plan and wanting to fuel myself well, so hoping I can keep it going long term.
    Actual weight loss is slow, but feeling good.
  • nathansnell4511
    nathansnell4511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 40 and need to drop about 40 to 50 pounds. I need to keep it off for good too. Let me know if you want to connect anyone.
  • kms_fit1
    kms_fit1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’m 43 and have lost 33 pounds and have about 16 to go. I’ve been on a plateau for a bit. The same three pounds up and down. I’d really love to get in the 140’s. I would love to have like minded friends to help keep me motivated.

Hi Amy, I’m in a similar boat at 41. Have lost about 35+ lbs, but still not where I want to be. Would love to connect and share info of what works/doesn’t work, etc. I’ll send you a friend request. :)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I’m 43 and have lost 33 pounds and have about 16 to go. I’ve been on a plateau for a bit. The same three pounds up and down. I’d really love to get in the 140’s. I would love to have like minded friends to help keep me motivated.

Hi Amy, I’m in a similar boat at 41. Have lost about 35+ lbs, but still not where I want to be. Would love to connect and share info of what works/doesn’t work, etc. I’ll send you a friend request. :)

My stats are similar too - 43 years old, down 22lb, 18 to go. But lately just been gaining and losing the same few lbs!
    I am putting it up my priorities list now though, and aiming to actually get to goal!! 😆

Feel free to add me too.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Well if you were losing and have plateaued you have a few options.

1. Wait it out
    2. Increase caloric deficit
    3. increase cardio
    4. maybe you need to build some muscle
    5. Check your macros
  • sweetheart1399
    sweetheart1399 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone I'm 41 years old and I have 80 lbs to lose during quarantine I gained a lot of weight and now I need to lose it it doesn't matter how long it takes me I just want to feel healthy again.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    53 and trying to drop 30lbs to get back to race weight after recovering from a knee injury.

When covid hit I was at the peak of about 18 months of getting fit. 80% of the way there. In April 2020 I developed a running injury (a stress fracture) I took a load off my leg, grabbed a fork, and didn't stop eating until this year.

For 2023 I'm about five months into a healthier routine...and I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be a wild and rocky next two years. My new mantra is have fun, don't injury myself, lose some damn weight, and get some fitness.