Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Are you from the big city or a small town?

Replies

• cowsfan12cowsfan12 Member Posts: 3,113 Member Member Posts: 3,113 Member
    fftvblamkaxm.jpg
    cecqwmom66ta.jpg

I don't mention this too often online, as many people tend to reach blindly for some sense of personal offence, but yes…. I grew up in a little community called Swastika (Swas-TEE-ka), populated by maybe 1500. There was very little there when I was a kid. I grew up splitting firewood for heat, fetching water from the spring down the road, and emptying the inhouse porta-potty-type-thing every day as there wasn't indoor plumbing until my teens.

The nearest town, Kirkland Lake, was where we went to school and worked. It was a 10 minute drive, or a 1.5hr walk (which I did almost daily). Even at its peak mining days, it couldn't breach the 10,000 person mark.

…….and now you know, lol.

rylync5bknm8.gif
  • happimess01happimess01 Member Posts: 7,672 Member Member Posts: 7,672 Member
    I am so glad I spent my childhood in a small town, hope to go back there someday

v5bp3a696c6c.jpg

can't figure out the location.... maybe in the Med?

It's in Rajasthan, India :)

Also, would you be interested in seeing pics of my abs? Since you obviously don"t do reverse image search😏
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,002 Member Member Posts: 8,002 Member
    I am so glad I spent my childhood in a small town, hope to go back there someday

v5bp3a696c6c.jpg

Also, would you be interested in seeing pics of my abs? Since you obviously don"t do reverse image search😏

Pushing @lisamestiza2021 out of the way and answering the question for her.................Yes please.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

v5bp3a696c6c.jpg

Pushing @lisamestiza2021 out of the way and answering the question for her.................Yes please.

🤦 :D
  • lisamestiza2021lisamestiza2021 Member Posts: 239 Member Member Posts: 239 Member

v5bp3a696c6c.jpg

i'm familiar with Rajasthan :smile:

the barrel turns that young girl does in the second video( or vuelta quebrada *in flamenco dancing*) are very similar and sure you can, smarty pants ;) i'm on to you now...
    edited February 6
  • tc1333tc1333 Member Posts: 4,003 Member Member Posts: 4,003 Member
    I was born in a small town, and I live in a small town.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,526 Member Member Posts: 2,526 Member
    City.. population 6,255,000

Not sure if that’s considered “big” tho

v5bp3a696c6c.jpg

i'm familiar with Rajasthan :smile:

the barrel turns that young girl does in the second video( or vuelta quebrada *in flamenco dancing*) are very similar and sure you can, smarty pants ;) i'm on to you now...

oh yea, so interesting!
  • ythannahythannah Member Posts: 3,903 Member Member Posts: 3,903 Member
    Came from a small city 250K then although I think it's a lot bigger now, moved to a smaller city about half the size and have spent most of my life here.

• FabulousFantasticFiftyFabulousFantasticFifty Member Posts: 192,919 Member Member Posts: 192,919 Member
    Born in Manhattan grew up in Denver, moved to LA
    Then to small Sea Side Village in Maine
    Guess my favorite! ⛵🦞
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,002 Member Member Posts: 8,002 Member
    Born in Manhattan grew up in Denver, moved to LA
    Then to small Sea Side Village in Maine
    Guess my favorite! ⛵🦞

Sea side villages in Maine are THE best!!
    My parents bought a little travel trailer back when we were a family of 6 and spent many summers camping/traveling up and down the coast. Beautiful area <3
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 2,215 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,215 Member
    big city in the middle of bf nowhere

Please forgive me; but, this had me howl laughing :D!! Does bf stand for what I think it does? If not, please disregard this post... Now I can't see as I'm still laughing...
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 2,215 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,215 Member
    I grew up in a town of just over 33k. It sure seemed small at the time, lol.
  • tony56prtony56pr Member Posts: 141 Member Member Posts: 141 Member
    Country outside small town (1,400) in Oklahoma (which total population is basically 4 million, so not even U.S. medium size city, Dallas/Fort Worth is 5 hours away)
  • LaneaJLaneaJ Member Posts: 2,105 Member Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    The size town I grew up in is two stop signs and a caution light kind of small.
  • JennliftsandspinsJennliftsandspins Member Posts: 150 Member Member Posts: 150 Member
    Medium-sized town (was 30,000 when I was a kid now it’s about 84,000).
    Now I live in a small town adjacent to that town but it’s growing rapidly.
  • chuckle_bunnychuckle_bunny Member Posts: 496 Member Member Posts: 496 Member
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    yawl got a mac donalds???
  • abbelina04abbelina04 Member Posts: 132 Member Member Posts: 132 Member
    A small town but I love the small town life 😁
  • LaneaJLaneaJ Member Posts: 2,105 Member Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    yawl got a mac donalds???

No, we had to go to "town" for that sort of thang.