What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,407 Member
    Palak Paneer - an indian dish re interpreted European :smiley:
    Palak - spinach Paneer - cottage cheese , I had the little solid option, I could have choosed also one more creamy, but this one is homemade so ... :blush:

I just finished it :)

Thanks to my friend Hansal for the recipe !

rkxqd5qfs7ox.jpg
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    @acpgee do you sear the chicken skin in a pan or under the broiler?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,873 Member
    gutzbgon wrote: »
    @acpgee do you sear the chicken skin in a pan or under the broiler?

I used the instructions from the Serious Eats website and seared on a cast iron frying pan after sous vide. I might try searing in the air fryer next time which is essentially a fan assisted broiler. I used boneless skin on breasts and cooked at 60C for an hour and a half before searing. The skin looked good but was not as thin and crispy as when I just cook skin on thighs in the air fryer for 20 minutes. Meat was very juicy and tender though.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/the-food-lab-complete-guide-to-sous-vide-chicken-breast.html
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Mussels with spaghetti. I bought the frozen mussels at Sprouts and they are in a tomato garlic butter sauce. The ingredient list itself is good as there is no crap in it. Side of faux Caesar salad using romaine, parm, crumbled Blue Diamond rice crackers as a crouton substitute and Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing. A quick meal on a lazy Friday.

qeivuzqox9yo.jpg

@LazyBlondeChef - I love mussels! I don’t know Sprouts - I’ll have to look them up. East Coast?
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member

@LazyBlondeChef - I love mussels! I don’t know Sprouts - I’ll have to look them up. East Coast?

I first “met” Sprouts living in AZ. Absolutely LOVE them. The closest one to me now (NC) is an hour away and I am so sad!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member

I first “met” Sprouts living in AZ. Absolutely LOVE them. The closest one to me now (NC) is an hour away and I am so sad!

Looked em up ... none in NYC area .. I shall have to live vicariously through you guys!! ☺️
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Safari_Gal_ @o0Firekeeper0o

Sprouts territory is odd. Seems to be in southern and western states. The mussels are from New Wave Seafood. Looks like they're sold in a lot of stores though I've not seen them elsewhere. Here's a site with some of the stores that might carry them:
    https://nextwaveseafood.com/stores