Where do you getHealthy Recipes and Do you put them on MFP

mpkpbk2015
mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
I love the MFP website but the love the MFP app too.You can type the link of the recipe in the recipe section of the app and MFP app will convert and match the ingredients and portion size and put it directly into your diary. I have found I can search for all kinds of healthy recipes. Some of my favorite sites Paleo Running Momma, Whole30.com, Delish.com and MFP has a great wealth of recipes right on this site.
Two of my favorite new recipes are Paleo Zucchini Lasagna with Sausage its dairy free and Whole 30.And for dessert Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies at hhtps://realsimplegood.com/chocolate-chip-pecancookies/
Please share yours - Appetizer, Entree, Dessert photos of the dish if you have one would be great too. Thanks
Happy Healthy Cooking

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    Found a new Air Fryer Chicken Recipe - makes super Crispy chicken and its low carb - https://jenniferbanz.com/air-fryer-chicken-thighs
  • mpkpbk2015
    Got a sweet tooth - Check out these two Paleo dessert Recipes
    Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies https://ambitiousKitchen.com/paleo-lemon-poppyseed-cookies/
    Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies https://ambitiouskitchen.com/paleo-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
  • mpkpbk2015
    Love Blueberry Muffins - this recipe is awesome https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/jumbo-paleo-blueberry-muffins
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I love the recipe builder. I don't have any "go to" recipe sites - usually I'll look at a few recipes for a given dish to get a general idea of what it's supposed to be like, and use that as a jumping off point when i go to make it myself. I keep a pad of paper and a pen in my kitchen right next to my food scale to write down my ingredient quantities so i can remember what i used. I also find the recipe builder usually pulls the wrong entry for at least one ingredient, even if i do import it straight from a website - it's important to check and double check that the entries are all correct and reasonable.

I'll input the number of servings as the weight of the finished dish in grams usually, so i can log the amount i eat more accurately, unless it's something that makes clear discrete servings. But in that case i also make sure the servings are all pretty close to identical, like if I'm making meatballs I'll weigh them out, that kind of thing.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I love the recipe builder. I don't have any "go to" recipe sites - usually I'll look at a few recipes for a given dish to get a general idea of what it's supposed to be like, and use that as a jumping off point when i go to make it myself. I keep a pad of paper and a pen in my kitchen right next to my food scale to write down my ingredient quantities so i can remember what i used. I also find the recipe builder usually pulls the wrong entry for at least one ingredient, even if i do import it straight from a website - it's important to check and double check that the entries are all correct and reasonable.

I'll input the number of servings as the weight of the finished dish in grams usually, so i can log the amount i eat more accurately, unless it's something that makes clear discrete servings. But in that case i also make sure the servings are all pretty close to identical, like if I'm making meatballs I'll weigh them out, that kind of thing.

Thank you so much, I love to cook. And it gives me a way to make multiple days worth of food and have the servings packed away and ready to pullout and heat up and eat. And they are premeasured and all I have to do is put them in the diary. Where is the recipe builder on the site? Then I can just import mine in instead of having to break the components down. Thanks and have a great evening and stay warm.👏👏
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    If you go to Foods, in the darker blue bar right below the top of the page you should see the word Recipes. That will take you to the recipe builder.

Also seconded on prepping meals in advance, that's been a game changer for sure!
  • mpkpbk2015
    If you go to Foods, in the darker blue bar right below the top of the page you should see the word Recipes. That will take you to the recipe builder.

Also seconded on prepping meals in advance, that's been a game changer for sure!

Thank you so much, have a great day. 🍱🥙🥗
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I love Eating Well and Cooking Light. I'm not sure how i got signed up for it, but I get a daily (at least once daily) e-mail newsletter with recipes from Eating Well. By now, a lot of them are on repeat.

I also follow Ambitious Kitchen and Fit Foodie Finds.
  • mpkpbk2015
    I love Eating Well and Cooking Light. I'm not sure how i got signed up for it, but I get a daily (at least once daily) e-mail newsletter with recipes from Eating Well. By now, a lot of them are on repeat.

I also follow Ambitious Kitchen and Fit Foodie Finds.

Thank you so much - heading to google to check them out. Fit Foodie sounds interesting right off the bat. As does Eating Well. As I love to cook and add to my recipe collection. Have a great day.🥗🥙🌮