Type 1 Diabetic need drastic help 200lbs+

Options
hi everyone :)
I have finally decided to get some help/advice from others who also have type 1 diabetes (from age 5 not new) I have been through some very scary years with my mental health (it is finally going well and want help now with my weight) and am at my heaviest of 205lbs with a height of 5''0
I am working hard with my blood sugars getting down my HBA1C down 10units in the past 6 months! I am using my dietitians advice but am beyond addicted to sugar, today was the first day I was under my caloric goal and had amazing numbers! (craving sugar was immensely hard but have ignored it on day 1) also it was weird I wasn't ready to eat in the evening which is normally worst time of all.
my goal: is to loose 20lbs in the next half a year more if I am lucky!
Have just re started using my smoothie maker again so any naughty but good shakes ideas bring them my way! My favourite is this in the evenings
spinach (or other non flavoured green leaves) Banana, milk (half n half) or instead sometimes Greek yoghurt, 1 tsp cacao powder and 1-2tsp peanut butter, it helps with my addiction to sugar.
Does anyone else here who has a weight goal have diabetes and/or any advise on things they have used to help with losing weight (I believe the less carbs/sugars added will help my blood sugars anyway)

Replies