Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    @goal06082021 Good idea about portioning the snack mix. Glad your shoulder feels better. So is mine. I actually don’t respond to every post but I do try and read them all. I respond if something positive comes to mind.

@JJKM73 glad you decided to participate. I really want to get back in the pool too. Gyms are open but I am not convinced it is worth paying when you aren’t sure you will get a lane to swim in regularly. Our public pools are closed. I used to do Aquafit 3 days a week and miss it so much. However this has forced me to develop a land based exercise system which is always good to have.

@Laughter_Girl you make me wonder whether I too should commit to post here daily too.

@amybg1 that is my goal for the year too.

@holdthefries you kept the scale going in the right direction – good for you.

@pearsonlinda30 That walk sounds so good. Looks like a great start on MFP.
  • JJKM73
    JJKM73 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2021
    @KeriA I too love aquafit. Due to Covid, there are less classes available (when the pool is actually open), but I would swim laps if nothing else. Until then it is the treadmill in the basement, I guess! I prefer walking outside, but winter makes that a little more difficult and unpleasant!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Feb 7
    1. Drink 80oz of water daily - ✔ 80
    2. Include vegetables with my lunch and dinner meals - ✔ I'm counting the veggies on my pizza.
    3. Commit to eating 3 balanced meals a day - Lunch has been a real challenge due to work (even though I work from home) I ate 2 balanced meals. Pizza for dinner was my planned treat.
    4. Exercise (strength and cardio) at least 4 days this week for 30 minutes - ✔45 minutes
    5. Consume at least 1,300 calories daily check ✔ Exceeded my goal here as it was my free day. 😉

It was good day overall. Should be even better today.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Height: 5'7"
    2/1: 239.3
    2/8: 238 (-1.3)
    Feb Goal: 235
    End of Year Goal: 190
    UGW: 160

I was actually down to 235.9 a few days ago, but ate some high sodium meals over the weekend so back up it went. Now back to my usual meals plus drinking at least 50 ounces of water a day, ideally 60, and I should see that number again by mid-week I hope!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    @Tarzan37 - A loss is a loss girl, take it as a win!!! Way to go

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - Rational portions of things, honestly tracking, those are the wins that strike me the most. When I can think of how far I have come with a healthier way of eating and living, that makes me happy. Keep those in mind and the scale will follow in it's own time.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    Hello All! Every time I get a new scale my weight registers higher than my old scale. So guess what I got a new scale and it is showing me higher by at about 4.5 lbs if not more since I was able to get my weight down last week. We knew that our last scale weighed us a pound high because we checked it with the one at the club but since we have our membership on hold due to the pandemic we can't really check this out. Basically it is all relative. Our old scale would vary depending on where you put it anyway so I just always put it in the same place and figured it was all relative. Who knows what I weigh? When you are at the Drs you have all your clothes on and you have eaten a meal or two so really it is just a number which we want to lower in most of our cases. I already set my weight on MFP higher as per this new scale and I will restart February with this new higher weight and work to get it back down according to this new scale. Now I will go retrieve my first post on here and adjust it accordingly.

I know just how you feel! Our scale varies by ** 12 POUNDS ** depending on where you place it on our wonky bathroom floor. I put it in the same spot every day and just use that. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, as my overarching goal is to be able to fit into my clothes and not be uncomfortable all the time.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    SW (Jan 2021): 254.1
    February SW: 244.4
    February GW: 238
    Ultimate GW: 180

Feb 1 : 244.4
    Feb 8: 242.8
    Feb 15:
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:

Although that looks like a loss, I was today's weight on 31 Jan too. Although I have seen 241.X a couple of times this week, I'm not surprised I'm hovering around the same spot as it's TOM. Nowhere near long enough to be a plateau yet though so I'm not concerned!