Low Carbs

Options
Hey All,
I want to lose fat in a short time, as I know cutting carbs is a very fast way to lose fat weight especially stubborn fat.
Any ideas of lifestyle, recipies, and food to avoid.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    losing weight fast does not mean it is REAL weight or that it will STAY off.

carbs are about half my macros.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Make small changes, such as using lettuce instead of tortillas. I found that cutting out red meat helped me lose better than cutting carbs, so that may be something to also try.
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Keto if you are interested in this for weight loss. Honestly, it's what works for you and makes the most sense to you. We're all different in that respect. For me, lowering carbs feels good for me. When I'm compliant along with intermittent fasting I feel less achy, better rested, and less bloated. Insulin is the thing that makes us gain weight and unfortunately every time we eat anything (except fat) it spikes our insulin. There's a guy I love on YouTube - Dr Berg. His videos are so educational and eye opening.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I want to lose fat in a short time, as I know cutting carbs is a very fast way to lose fat weight especially stubborn fat.
    Any ideas of lifestyle, recipies, and food to avoid.

Cutting carbs is a very fast way to lose water weight, not fat.

This.
    losing weight fast does not mean it is REAL weight or that it will STAY off.

And this.

But if you want to cut carbs, the best way is to look at your diary and see where your carbs are coming from and cut portion size or replace it with something low carb (you can see what's low carb in your diary).

One option, which will also reduce cals, is to cut starchy side portions and increase non starchy veg portions, if we are talking about meals. If you eat higher carb snacks (which often have lots of fat too), that's another place you can cut down.
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do some research on Keto if you are interested in this for weight loss. Honestly, it's what works for you and makes the most sense to you. We're all different in that respect. For me, lowering carbs feels good for me. When I'm compliant along with intermittent fasting I feel less achy, better rested, and less bloated. Insulin is the thing that makes us gain weight and unfortunately every time we eat anything (except fat) it spikes our insulin. There's a guy I love on YouTube - Dr Berg. His videos are so educational and eye opening.

I wonder why so many "disagrees?" Is it talking about blood sugar spikes? I'm curious. :smiley:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

I wonder why so many "disagrees?" Is it talking about blood sugar spikes? I'm curious. :smiley:

I’m glad you find eating keto has helped you but that post of yours is full of errors. You are just repeating what the “experts” say is true but it is wrong.
  • gigius72
    gigius72 Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

There is a basic mistake there. If you fill your body with fat, you have big chances that the fat end up in adipose cells (your belly, where the excess fat belongs) and in muscle cells (where it's supposed to be only in very small amounts). Once you fill your muscle cells, you become insulin resistant and every small amounts of carbs will spike bigger amounts of insulin.
  • mariomicro
    mariomicro Posts: 74 Member
    Options