Depressive eater

Options
Hi all. After losing my job to COVID and no income help from the Government and HMRC wanting corporate tax I ballooned to 109 kg. Bit of a sugar addict as well. According to my BMI I should weigh about 85 kg. So let the challenge begin.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you read through the Most Helpful posts yet? It's a great place to start:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

It's sometimes helpful to maybe tackle your goals in smaller chunks for example first goal being 105kg, then in 5kg increments.

Make sure to set yourself a sustainble rate of loss, it's pointless trying to lose at 2lbs per week if that leaves you so miserable and hungry that you want to quit after a week, losing a bit slower and making a number of small changes at a time instead of one big overhaul is far more likely to stick, you're probably looking at 9 months to 1 year to lose that amount, so bear in mind it needs to be something you can stick with.
  • hulldon1
    hulldon1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and support.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    hulldon1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and support.

Glad to see you came back to your thread :smile: quite often people post the one and then vanish. Best of luck with your goals!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you're down it helps to control what you can. For me counting calories on My Fitness Pal became the positive part of my day. In 8 months I lost almost 60 pounds. So while the global and personal clusterfluff continues, I sometimes whisper to myself 'at least I'm not fat anymore' and I feel like I can go on.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • lisaminxyboo
    lisaminxyboo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hulldon1 wrote: »
    Hi all. After losing my job to COVID and no income help from the Government and HMRC wanting corporate tax I ballooned to 109 kg. Bit of a sugar addict as well. According to my BMI I should weigh about 85 kg. So let the challenge begin.

Hi I hope you have found some financial help
    How old are you
    Where you from

I'm Lisa living in Burnley aged 36. Good luck with the weight loss.