Weekly Net Calories

Options
I was only thinking about this the other day when I was a good bit over but when looking at the whole week I was still under?? How many people work on a weekly average do you look at it more than your daily goal?? I am maintaining now about 2 months.

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly, but not in any fixated way. If I think I'll go over if I eat something, I look at my other days. If they are well under, I'll go over - if I'm due a loss that week I'll still get it then. (I should say, that's not my excuse for not earning extra by exercise *most* of the time!)
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    is there a tool here that tells you your weekly net? Iv had alook but couldnt see anything. Or do you need to calculate it yourself?
  • navjhaj
    Options
    is there a tool here that tells you your weekly net? Iv had alook but couldnt see anything. Or do you need to calculate it yourself?

Can't you just do a Report? Easy enough to just add up the totals (ball-park) from the graphs? I just look at the weekly totals as a thumbnail, after the fact.

I take it one day at a time. Each day is an accomplishment. For me, looking at a weekly total may cause me to loose sight of the particular day.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight using my weekly goal and will continue on maintenance using it. I feel I can live my life normally using a weekly goal. I can go out to eat whenever I want as long as I average out everything. It has definitely worked for me :happy:
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting post guys, I was just thinking excactly the same... did you have a big night out last night too?! :tongue: I went over by about 600 yestderday :noway: but im still under for my weekly and since today is the last day in the week I am going to push myself swimming n tennis to make myself feel better for being soooooooo bad yesterday! damn those cocktails!!!

Lee xxx
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good topic! Quite honestly I've never even looked at my weekly net. I was always so "fixed" on one day. I only started maintainance 6 days ago, so Im feeling the new bigger cals allowances :)
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the interesting post guys, I was just thinking excactly the same... did you have a big night out last night too?! :tongue: I went over by about 600 yestderday :noway: but im still under for my weekly and since today is the last day in the week I am going to push myself swimming n tennis to make myself feel better for being soooooooo bad yesterday! damn those cocktails!!!

Lee xxx

Yes managed to eat nearly a whole tub of pringles the other night and it got me thinking :embarassed: but I don't want to use this as an excuse as I really don't need much of an excuse :laugh:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

There are graphs in the report, but I don't like that they aren't that accurate.

If you have an Android application for your smart phone, it will give you how many NET calories you have for the week. It is an amazing tool! I really think the MFP Team should add it to the website, as it's super important.

I count my calories daily, but keep the weekly in mind at all time. If I have a bad meal/day and go over, I don't just give up on that week anymore. I look at my weekly next and start figuring things out in the head.

However, my mini deficits (that usually come from days with GIANT calorie burns from playing hours of tennis) really add up. I am on a 1200 calorie daily diet at the moment. Today, without exercise, I could eat 2400 calories ROFL I doubt I'll eat anywhere near that, but its fun to think about eating that much!!