Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @kali31337 You're on fire right now. Good for you! I liked C25K when I did it a few years back. If it weren't for a surgery I had, I probably wouldn't have quit running. Enjoy it.

@jessicarawr Welcome. I have much respect for EC teachers and support them in my role (develop and provide trainings for EC professionals). You all rock! Don't focus on what you gained because you're on your way to being a real "loser". You've got this!!! We're here to support.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog It sounds like you have a plan, that's very good. I've also had a decadent weekend that I'm sure will show up on the scale this Friday, but every day is a chance to do better. The important thing is that we see what is happening and decide to stop and make a change, rather than say "welp, that one visit to Tijuana Flats totally blew my diet, guess I'll give up and try again next year," and fall off the wagon completely. I'm stronger than a g--d--- burrito and so are you, we can get this ship back on course.
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm stronger than a g--d--- burrito and so are you, we can get this ship back on course.

We might be kindred spirits! LOL That is my new mantra, I am stronger than a g--d--- burrito! Thanks for that!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Age 31
    Height (5’6”-7)
    SW 240
    CW 239
    GW 230
    UGW 180

Hi! I'm new here and to the site. Reading through these posts is so motivating! Looking for buddies of a similar weight and goals so please feel free to add :)

Gained a load of weight during my degree plus interest with lockdown WFH. I live in a tiny upstairs flat right now so I have to be careful with what exercise I do especially if people are home downstairs. So far I've been incorporating walking videos on YouTube which has been nice - I don't have to strap myself into a sports bra to do them so it's easy to convince myself when all I have to do is slip on my trainers! I've cut out all takeaways since January 4th but my weight has stayed the same so I'm on MFP to track my calories as I'm obviously going over ha.

My dream for the end of Feb would be close to getting into the 220s again (or towards the bottom of the 230s). My ultimate goal is to exit the obese category of the BMI. Can't wait to be merely overweight! Lol.

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK STARTING TUESDAY
    - Walk at least 5000 steps daily
    - Track food every day
    - Do not weigh until Sunday/Monday

I'm totally with you on the sports bra thing! Sometimes the thought of jamming myself into a sports bra is enough to make me not want to work out. I've been all about the non-bouncing videos lately too!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jessicarawr and @WasteNotWench - you're in the right place for support and motivation! The ladies here are an amazing support to everyone and it's a pleasure to check in on new posts every day.

@wanderinglight - me too, that is one thing that I can say I do prefer about strength over cardio, especially as my sports bra is a bit tight atm and I do not want to fork out a fortune for a new one when I know it will be comfortable soon!

Still not back in the groove today after definite TOM general bleurgh yesterday. I've had a nasty headache most of the day despite drinking plenty of water and no caffeine, guess it's not a dehydration issue. It's certainly not viral, I've not been anywhere with other people! Maybe I'm developing a new period pain, I didn't get any physical pain symptoms until my early 30s (mega pelvic and lower back cramps) and now regularly send good vibes and apologies to all my sisters I doubted when I was young and foolish.
  • donnas1995
    donnas1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Age 68
    SW 265
    CW 255
    GW Below 200 and go from there
    Height 5'1"
    Started this journey on November 1 and have lost 10 lbs. Looking to lose slowly. From Janaury to March 2020 I went from 278 to 265 which I maintained until November when I decided it was time to continue with my journey.

Walking 5 days a week 2 to 3 miles. Also with all the snow we have started mixing the walking with snowshoeing. Talk about a great workout.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Feb 9
    1. Drink 80oz of water daily - ✔ 88
    2. Include vegetables with my lunch and dinner meals - ✔
    3. Commit to eating 3 balanced meals a day - Lunch has been a real challenge due to work (even though I work from home). ✔ No rushing today!
    4. Exercise (strength and cardio) at least 4 days this week for 30 minutes - ✔50 minutes
    5. Consume at least 1,300 calories daily check ✔ Over 1,400

All went well today.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    @WasteNotWench I find the post motivating too. Overweight sounds like a dream when you compare it to obese. :) We're on our way though. Hope you met your goals for today.

@iloveeggnog I wish I could say, "I can't relate to binges." The fact is, that would be a lie. I've been there. The lesson comes from acknowledging it, learning from it and planning better for the next time the opportunity arises. I'm glad you posted your truth. Posting in this group in particular is almost therapeutic for me. This whole thread is my accountability partner. 😁

@donna1995 Steady always wins the race. Keep it up! Snowshoeing sounds like a fun way to burn tons of calories.

@emmclean That TOM can be a monster for some. Feel better soon.