Eye opener

Options
Hey all i hurt my shoulder a few months ago and did the typical guy thing and pushed off seeing the doctor and i finally broke down and seen the doctor today i have torn rotorator. But the biggest us when i weighed in at 240 lbs i have never weighed that much. I always hovered between 210 and 220. I dont know why im posting this just thought i had to say something. If you need friends or help add me. Im sure im going to need help along the way.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Shoulder injuries suck. Are you getting it repaired soon? I was told I need total shoulder replacement but I am too young. Lol
  • sircooki
    sircooki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes im trying to find out when the best time for surgery will be.
  • merle641
    merle641 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What type of pain were you feeling? My shoulder has been bothering me for over a year, how would I know if it's a tear or something PT can address?
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Any kind of setback due to injury sucks big time. Hopefully you can find a way to remain active during your recovery period. I wish you all the luck. Feel free to add me for support.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    How bad is the tear? Some don't need surgery but rehab. And yes, it's not odd for people who haven't check their weight in awhile to see weight gain because they weren't aware of the subtle increase over time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I put off weighing myself for a long time. I finally had the guts to do it. I weighed in at my all time high, more than when I was 9 months pregnant. It was a HUGE shock but I am doing something about it now. I hope you have s quick recovery after your surgery. Hang in there, you got this!