Beards

Replies

• shawnfxp
    shawnfxp Posts: 39 Member
    Got transitioned to work at home last March. Swore I wouldn't shave until I had to work in the office again. Around September I got a little stir crazy and decided to cut my own hair as well. yos39ent812i.jpg

Still haven't been back to the office and did have a moment of weakness somewhere in November and trimmed. Have ditched the hawk as well lol.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Love them. Love love love them. When the husband trims his I give him the side eye... " Don't be taking too much of that beard off"😂😂

I mean it's his face, but he knows what I prefer.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited February 2021
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    Love them. Love love love them. When the husband trims his I give him the side eye... " Don't be taking too much of that beard off"😂😂

I’ve heard of people using oils and special brushes. Are they useful? I’ve been thinking of getting my hubby some as a gift for his new beard but I’m not sure if they’re needed or not.
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member

I’ve heard of people using oils and special brushes. Are they useful? I’ve been thinking of getting my hubby some as a gift for his new beard but I’m not sure if they’re needed or not.

Mine has some oils he likes. Just softens it up a tad. He also brushes often. He's never found any difference in using a special beard shampoo, though. He has a hot conditioning lotion where you leave it on for a few minutes and he said while it felt nice while on it make no difference in the beard.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

My only advice is to watch out for allergic reactions. There are hundreds of balms, creams, oils and such each with different blends. Also the additives will react with his sweat to produce different odors.

Personally I use tresemme on my hair and beard. I really like the Viking revolution beard balm. A little goes a long way.
  • gothghostie
    gothghostie Posts: 1 Member
    JRE_Momof3 wrote: »
    Hold on, just one for the road.1q0pa0kmyg5s.jpg

ez igaz!!!!
    I keep asking my husband, please growing you beard like you used to, but now he only wants moustache, he looks good both ways. But in my opinion a little extra fur can not be a bad thing! ♡

Original guy! You doing great! Looking good!
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member

I use beard care club. It’s veteran owned and product is made in Utah. I use their beard wash, conditioner and oil. It doesn’t have a bunch of bad chemicals. I have one of their brushes too. They are very nice. If you are a veteran they have a great discount.
  • shawnfxp
    shawnfxp Posts: 39 Member
    [/quote]

I’ve heard of people using oils and special brushes. Are they useful? I’ve been thinking of getting my hubby some as a gift for his new beard but I’m not sure if they’re needed or not.[/quote]

I use Grave Before Shave balms. I've found that they do seem to soften things up a bit and they smell nice. I tend to prefer balms over oils but that's just a personal preference.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Thank you for the tips!🤝🤗 I’m sure they’ll be useful to others too. @WandRsmom @J_NY_Z @shawnfxp @mwgibler We have family in Provo, SLC. I’ll ask around.😃👍🏽
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Aaaahhhhhh beards are on point gentleman.....whew needed that!! Yes!!
  • kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    This thread is just as good as the dad bod one!!! @MaltedTea where are you girl!! 🤣
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    kdroberts1 wrote: »
    This thread is just as good as the dad bod one!!! @MaltedTea where are you girl!! 🤣

Oh no! I know my limits. There's gorgeous people in every nook and cranny of this place😭
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    h47udje4ba02.jpeg

Ok....so major weakness over here beard and farm animals....................oh lort I need strength!!
  • CowboyCrossFit
    CowboyCrossFit Posts: 33 Member
    h47udje4ba02.jpeg

Ok....so major weakness over here beard and farm animals....................oh lort I need strength!!

Well....I do need to make a few friends on here.🤷🏻‍♂️