Another question for y’all.. sorry lol

leighs96
leighs96 Posts: 14 Member
ok so do resting calories count as burned calories??
my phone tells me my resting cals are about 1,600 & my active are usually from 300-500.. i’m confused. do these resting calories count or no? so if i’m eating 1,300 calories a day, this means i’m in a deficit right??

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    Yes, resting calories count, your body needs calories just to 'exist', not only for being active. And as you can see, it's a way higher number than your active calories. Which is why exercise is optional for weight loss (but great for health), since you just need to burn more calories than you consume and just being alive burns calories.

If your watch is correct (it's just an estimation, not a measurement) and your logging is accurate, you're in a deficit of 600-800 calories a day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    7swphgsmt96c.jpg
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    So your total cals for the day would be 1600 + 3-500 = 1900 to 2100
    I would start with 2000- 300 = 1700 cals per day - log your food to keep the calories accurate & keep exercising.
    maintain that for 2-4 weeks and see what happens , you may have to adjust the calorie intake
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    leighs96 wrote: »
    ok so do resting calories count as burned calories??
    my phone tells me my resting cals are about 1,600 & my active are usually from 300-500.. i’m confused. do these resting calories count or no? so if i’m eating 1,300 calories a day, this means i’m in a deficit right??

Yes...you burn calories 24/7. You burn a crap ton of calories merely existing. Your heart, lungs, brain, etc all require significant energy to keep you alive and breathing.