Why?

Options
Over Christmas and Lockdown I have managed to gain 7lbs. I am eating low carb and usually record 50 (or below) or 60. I'm allowed 1200 calories and lost around 40lbs, but although I'm eating the same diet I'm not losing weight at all. Very frustrating, would I need to lower my calories I find it difficult to lower carbs as I am a very picky eater. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a little bit confused...you said you lost 40 lbs, but then in the next line you said you havent lost any weight at all?
    How do you know you're eating 1200 calories? Are you using a food scale to weigh your portions, or are you usingmeasuring cups or eyeballing portions sizes?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I took it to mean that the OP had lost 40lbs on their eating plan but had regained 7lbs over Christmas and the most recent U.K. lockdown, and now can’t seem to shift any weight despite eating the same level of intake as had worked to lose the original 40lbs.

I’d suggest you tighten up your logging, recheck the database entries you’re using etc, to check for portion creep and maybe a tendency to complacency based guesstimating.

If your eating plan worked before, there’s no real reason it won’t work again if you follow it as stringently as you did before. You may just need to be a bit patient and give yourself time to see results.

Good luck!
  • knoxy550
    knoxy550 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Barbara Helen 2013, thank you for reply, you are so right lost weight then put 7lbs back on which is being stubborn to go. Do I need to cut my calories lower than 1200?
  • knoxy550
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a little bit confused...you said you lost 40 lbs, but then in the next line you said you havent lost any weight at all?
    How do you know you're eating 1200 calories? Are you using a food scale to weigh your portions, or are you usingmeasuring cups or eyeballing portions sizes?

Hi I had lost over 40lbs put 7lbs back on which refuses to go away. Maybe not measuring every mouthful but trying to control portions. I log all my food whether it's over calories or not, quite often get message that I'm not eating enough!! Thanks for your reply, any advice appreciated.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    knoxy550 wrote: »
    Barbara Helen 2013, thank you for reply, you are so right lost weight then put 7lbs back on which is being stubborn to go. Do I need to cut my calories lower than 1200?

No. Don't go below 1200.

How accurate are you on your food logging? Are you using a food scale? Checking all your database entries as you use them for accuracy?

Are you sticking to your goals or having days off? Logging everything?

Here's a good read for small weight gains. Seven pounds isn't a lot, and could easily be just water or sleep or salt.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    Looking muscle can hinder weight loss along with what the other posts stated. Do you exercise? What else has changed if anything? I lost weight during pandemic because I cut calories more but lost too much; mostly muscle. So now I have to lift- do resistance to get strength and muscle back so weight gain is not in my stomach. Maybr try to do some.form you enjoy too
  • knoxy550
    Options

No. Don't go below 1200.

How accurate are you on your food logging? Are you using a food scale? Checking all your database entries as you use them for accuracy?

Are you sticking to your goals or having days off? Logging everything?

Here's a good read for small weight gains. Seven pounds isn't a lot, and could easily be just water or sleep or salt.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Thank you so much for this, explains a lot. Like why my clothes still fit!! Take care.
  • knoxy550
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Looking muscle can hinder weight loss along with what the other posts stated. Do you exercise? What else has changed if anything? I lost weight during pandemic because I cut calories more but lost too much; mostly muscle. So now I have to lift- do resistance to get strength and muscle back so weight gain is not in my stomach. Maybr try to do some.form you enjoy too

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately I can't do weights due to tendinitis or running due to steel plates in ankle. Exercise very limited. 😥
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately I can't do weights due to tendinitis or running due to steel plates in ankle. Exercise very limited. 😥

I can't do running because I hate it :lol:

I do lots of other forms of cardio though - walking, gardening, yoga, etc.