Been a long time.......

It’s been 7 years since I’ve attempted to do fitness/healthy eating. Back then it was pretty much flawless. I’m not wanting to go that extreme again, as I look back I didn’t enjoy the journey. Granted I did lose 70 lbs but this time I want it to be enjoyable. Any advice on how to start instead of jumping both feet in and going crazy?

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    I agree, make smaill and sustainable changes. I have gradually lost 30 pounds with at least another 20 to go. I barely lost any weight in the beginning because the changes I was making were small, but I now log everything, and workout a minimum of 150 min. a week. I know I could lose weight much faster but this is not a diet but a lifestyle for me. With the mindset that it will take as long as it takes, no food is off limits and a true desire to workout to be strong and healthy I do not find it to be particularly difficult. I started this journey last April.
  • amjmortensen48
    amjmortensen48 Posts: 40 Member
    Thank you so much for that information. Slow and steady wins the race 😊
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Hi amjmortensen48. I was MIA for about 7 years too. I moved to NH in 2019 and the nearest Gym is an hour away.. I decided to finish the basement and get some equipment. I agree with everyone else saying, "Slow and steady." Although I tend to be very impatient and want to see results right away, slow and steady's the best.. Good luck. :)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Slow and steady for sure. Focus on small, sustainable goals toward permanent improvement. And Go PACK Go!