Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Name: Kali
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 232.2 (1/15/21)
    GW: #1 Under 200 #2 280 #150ish

Weight tracking:
    Feb 5: 220.9
    Feb 12: 216.6 <--had a really good week & TMI WARNING: have been dealing with some constipation for the last couple of weeks that finally started moving
    Feb 19:
    Feb 26:

Fitness goals:
    Weigh daily
    Log EVERYTHING
    11,000+ steps 6x week
    Meal prep as much as possible
    C25K 3x a week
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Gong Hei Fat Choi 恭喜發財 Last night we got take out Chinese food in celebration of the Lunar/Chinese New Year. What we should have done was go to the grocery store to stock up for snow. However we have enough to get by. We had just come to the end of the meals I had planned and the related groceries. So no planned meals or related groceries around. We had over 6" and still snowing. It started last night and didn't stop and it was on top of a small snow a few days before that.

It was a busy week and I got only a few days of exercise, my calories were low except for last night and still within my calorie goal counting exercise yesterday (a small walk).
  • KeriA
    This is the 3rd day of snow here and I mean snow. We have had over a foot which is a lot for us. Typically ever 5-10 years we have a big snow and usually have snow every other year but we had a few big snows last winter too. We didn't stock up for this one but were able to find makings for spaghetti last night and chicken broccoli cheese rice casserole tonight. It is supposed to start to rain soon. My husband picked up some Dove hearts in anticipation of Valentine's day planning to get flowers and truffles later. So we are fine for Valentine's day. We will get a nicer take out dinner later to celebrate. We went out to walk this morning for a short walk in the snow. I asked my husband to get out my cross country skis (his were ruined when we moved to Texas). I went for a small trek on them. I do that anytime we have enough snow in the city. Felt good.
  • KeriA
    @wanderinglight a few years ago we got adopted by a Norwegian forest cat. We got him a house and heat pad and fed him but soon he worked his way into the family and was an indoor - outdoor cat. He was one of my top 2 favorite cats ever. I am 67 and have known quite a few. Good for you for saving Patches. She is adorable. My son is in Houston with the same freeze you are experiencing. We didn’t stock up like you did and we are going on our 3rd day of snow.
  • Went to see my mother and adult sons today (they live with her) and take Eldest Boy his birthday present. He's studying welding and looking to see if he can get an apprenticeship soon. So his shirt says " WELDER/ Everyday using the hands of a surgeon/and the genius of an artist/ I fuse metal together/with electricity and fire/ to build the world/What do you do?" He liked it very much. I made him chocolate chocolate chip bread this morning, and told him he could have it for a cake, or just have it. He thinks he will just have it.

It was really weird baking. I haven't baked very much at all this last year because homemade goodies are something I can't stay out of if I have them around, and therefore I haven't made them at all.

We had pizza from the local place I grew up with, and that was a nice thing, and I had two pieces and was satisfied with that. And I left the rest with the boys. Someone will eat it, but not me.

Dinner was beef stroganoff, and pan seared zucchini chunks with a little butter, salt, and pepper. I am now full and happy, sipping tea, and thinking about hosting a tea party for my mother and aunt when my aunt visits at the beginning of May.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    2/13
    1. Track everything ❌
    2. 55-70+ G protein ❓
    3. 50 - 75 net carbs ❓
    4. 1,200 - 1,300 calories ❓
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌
    For the month:
    6. Lose 5 pounds ❌ (0.4 so far)

I tracked breakfast and snacks but didn’t track dinner. My bf and I stayed overnight at a hotel. We ordered a wedge salad, orzo salmon pasta, zucchini cakes and a slice of cheesecake which we shared. I also had one diet cran pineapple juice with vodka.

SW: 209.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 204.8
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    uyister wrote: »
    Hello ladies.

Just a little bit of vent/warning....

I have denied a lot of friend requests lately and if you are one of the casualties, sorry not sorry.

It may not be the best way to decide to accept or deny requests, but, if your profile pic is trying to slap me in the face with your booty or c***, then you will be denied and or removed from my friend's list.

I just do not have the patience to move beyond the pic and know the real person and do not want to be slapped with those types of images when I open my app.

I am going to take a hiatus from even accepting any new requests for the next little while.

Ok. Thanks for listening.

I completely agree, why in the heck do people put that as a profile pic??? Same with the guys that I have no idea how they even found me?? It isn't a dating site!!
  • KMC55
    Haven't been feeling the best the lasts couple of days, think I'm getting or have a sinus infection. But working on being kind to myself and sleeping to ensure I can get better as quickly as possible. Indulged today with Red Lobster for Valentine's Day dinner with the hubby. Had a smaller breakfast and then we did dinner out for lunch. Had the left overs for dinner so there wasn't any additional calories there then what I already had counted for lunch. I know the scale will be up with the extra calories and sodium but know that I was able to indulge more sensibly than I have in the past. One to a new week with lots of veggies on the menu, salads and minestrone soup (minus the noodles). I am so looking forward to the soup since it is one of my favorites and the first time I have made it from scratch. Figure I will add chicken to it with each serving so I can better portion it. Looking for a good loss even with being sick but since TOM has passed by I hope the water weight will reside.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    KMC55 wrote: »
    uyister wrote: »
    Hello ladies.

Just a little bit of vent/warning....

I have denied a lot of friend requests lately and if you are one of the casualties, sorry not sorry.

It may not be the best way to decide to accept or deny requests, but, if your profile pic is trying to slap me in the face with your booty or c***, then you will be denied and or removed from my friend's list.

I just do not have the patience to move beyond the pic and know the real person and do not want to be slapped with those types of images when I open my app.

I am going to take a hiatus from even accepting any new requests for the next little while.

Ok. Thanks for listening.

I completely agree, why in the heck do people put that as a profile pic??? Same with the guys that I have no idea how they even found me?? It isn't a dating site!!

I'm not sure why the Russian sex spam bots are targeting this site all of a sudden, but the mods are aware that there is a problem, at least. You can report users like this by clicking the Help link at the top of the desktop site and clicking Submit a Report.
  • Joi_sephine
    Joi_sephine Posts: 6 Member
    emmclean wrote: »
    @uyister I've had a significant increase in those sorts of friend requests too, agree with @goal06082021 that they're likely bots. Those overtly "sexy" images are so rare on profile pics here, it shows that they don't fit the profile of a real MFP user. The ones I've got have been out of the blue too, never seen them on the message forums - certainly not here. Clear fakery to me.

@_Joistick hello fellow Ireland resident! I'm in Dublin. Welcome to this hugely supportive thread - the posts here keep me motivated and encouraged, I hope you find the same :)

Glad TOM is over, been all over the place this week! Got back into some step exercise today, even though it felt like I was running on empty - I nearly tripped over the step three times because I wasn't lifting my feet high enough - the knowledge that I moved my backside today is worth it. Happy Galentines ladies! <3

Wow @emmclean !So good to hear that. I was starting to feel alone. I'm on the outskirts of Gorey, co. Wexford. Weather has been tough and getting ready to face it head-on to kee going out walking. Once lockdown is over I'll be commuting to Dublin (Harcourt) again.

TOM showed up yesterday and I just want to stay in bed all day...but I can't. Does this impact my weight? I feel silly asking but I have to wonder since I've never really thought about it.

14-Feb
    SW: 136kg
    CW: 120Kg
    GW1: 115kg
    GW2:. 100kg
    Final GW: 60-70KG
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249
    CW 227
    GW for Feb 225
    UGW 145

2/1: 229 lbs
    2/8: 226 lbs
    2/15: 227 lbs
    2/22:
    3/1:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 3x per week - cardio & strength
    -64 oz of water each day

Wasn't that great with water yesterday and a bit higher sodium but Monday's are my usual up tick for those and many reasons. Not shocked weight is up today.

I talked myself into going to the gym Sat morning as I knew I wouldn't go if it wasn't in the morning. Texted the friend in case she joined. I went and got things done. With doing a leg machine thurs I wanted to try some for arms so we ended up trying a few of their upper body machines. I've gotten away from doing a circuit so I was just keeping my usual pattern.

I signed up for the new student orientation so I'll be meeting their trainer then to see if I like him.

Yesterday I was sore so I was already expected to not go. Today was iffy for the snow coming. More is on the way this evening.

Valentine's Day weekend was good. We did a church dinner with my mom on Sat. They had reservations so very small group was there and adequately spaced.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2021
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 254
    2/1: 239.3
    2/8: 238 (-1.3)
    2/15: 238 (nada)
    Feb Goal: 235
    End of Year Goal: 190
    UGW: 160

Well, I spent the weekend cooped up in my house due to the extremely cold temps here. I did walk my pup for 45 minutes yesterday in 5 degree temps, but otherwise laid around like a slug and ate too much. The scale reflected it this morning. Next week will be pms no doubt and then TOM after that, so this month may be a wash. I am not a winter person and struggle with winter blues every year so I figure if I can maintain each winter and lose the other months of the year, I will still get to my goal eventually. That's what I'm telling myself today anyway. That doesn't mean I'll go off the rails this week, just won't be too hard on myself since I'm already struggling with feeling low anyway.

Hope you all have a good week and hopefully spring will arrive early this year!
  • KMC55
    @holdthefries You are NOT alone, there have been so many times the scale goes the wrong way and I wonder why I even bother, why I have to constantly be vigilant to what I eat and how much water I'm drinking when the scale does cooperate. I just try to remind myself that going back to eating whatever I want whenever I want is only going to make the scale rise even faster and get me back to where I started and beyond far faster than anything. I know the process works and it is a cumulative experience and not a single day issue. We can do this, big picture vision.

On that same thread, I'm starting to look at and think more of the average of my daily weights instead of the weight on one single day. Because of all the fluctuations that can occur on a day to day basis inside my body and not necessarily what I eat each day. I am thinking it may not be a bad idea to put more weight (haha, I mean emphasis) on that number more than the number on a single day.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @changeforeverlj
    "I'm happy with downward trend. I've reached a milestone in weight loss down 40.2 kgs, thats a small person!! "

Yes!! You are! Congratulations... that is amazing. I love reading these posts as they are very inspiring.