Digestion...VIF

EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
VIF = Very Important Factor. I'm sitting here feeling SUPER FULL! Last night I ate for dinner: an 8oz Grilled Ribeye Steak, Small Salad, French Fries. It was REALLY GOOD, but still almost tasting it this morning and can barely drink my coffee because I am so full! So I decide to search Digestion Times for Food. I learn that steak can stay in one's system from1-3 days...It also hits me that I do NOT want ANYTHING staying in My Digestive System that Long, Pork stays even LONGER! OMG, no wonder this Country has sooo much COLON CANCER and Digestive problems!

It also hit Me that we are NOT "Cave-Men" any longer...not being able to find, track and catch game for 3-7 days; they ate vegetation until they could track and catch some meat, so they may not get it for many days, and when they did, it was beneficial for it to be SLOW Digesting so they could have the energy and get the nutrients they needed. TODAY...we can get this stuff 24-7-365, and if we eat it more than ONCE a week it may just sit there an FERMENT in our stomachs and Colons.

It hit Me that "WE"...Americans, STILL eat like Cave-Men and at Best like we live in the Industrial Age (where most people worked in Factories and did heavy labor.) WE live in the TECHNOLOGY/Service Age...We are BASICALLY Sedentary! If we had an exercise routine of 2 hours EVERY DAY it STILL would NOT simulate the Activity level of the Industrial Age, and NO way near Cave-Men. But considering what they ate, no wonder their average life span during Industrial Age was about 45 yrs old, and Cave-Men about 25-30 yrs old.

I also learned that Digestion IS the Aging process...As a Woman that made Me think even more about what I am choosing to eat!

Just some thoughts this morning...Anyone else?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    That is some very interesting science. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    there is some very good info out there about just the topic you have brought up. "The China Study" is a book I would recommend you pick up.
    Also, google "John McDougal" and the starch revolution. He has a 1hour documentry right on his website that explains that ppl dont need to eat meat, that civilizations survived on starchs.

very good info.