Do you pets "help" you workout?

dragon_girl26
dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
edited February 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
Ever since quarantine started I've been doing workouts at home rather than going to the gym, as I'm sure a lot of others have.
It's been so cold outside this last week that I've been doing more indoor workouts. My cats usually likes to keep me company by laying on my yoga mat, mimicking me, laying right my way while I'm dancing, etc..
Today's was a new one..my younger cat was attacking my shadow while I was doing cardio! 😂
Do your pets do fun things to help keep your workouts "exciting'?
ETA photo of him doing kitty yoga with me. I can’t quite get my tail to curl like that yet though.. 😉
kcai19t95y2u.jpeg

Replies

• carolinelanewa
    carolinelanewa Posts: 44 Member
    Hmm. For some reason my cat hates pilates. Soon as I get down on the mat he attacks me. So gets locked in bedroom. The other day if I am in my home gym, looks as if to say have you lost your mind and walks out. So nope no help what so ever.
  • dragon_girl26
    33gail33 wrote: »
    8eibwywr9pkl.jpg
    hdj4k7lki6d3.jpg

Mine likes to watch me on the bike - and sometimes chew on the equipment. She also likes to lie on the yoga mat.

My other dog shows no interest.

Awww...see I'd just end up wanting to stop to scratch her ears!

My other cat mostly wants nothing to do with it either...might interrupt his nap. Lol
  • dragon_girl26
    edited February 2021
    My dog takes me for 3 walks a day and sets a killer HIIT pace... fastwalk, pee, fastwalk, sniff, fastwalk... you get the idea.
    And all with a crooked front paw. He's the best!
    2tbi7iloi3yl.jpg

Now he looks like a fun walking buddy! 🥰
  • dragon_girl26
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    My girl was once a champion runner. She is a sporting dog, so speed and stamina define the breed. We would walk for countless miles on sidewalks, road, and trails. She’s advanced in her years now, and she can only walk a couple of miles before she needs to rest. At 12, she now follows my wife and I to our gym in the basement and watches us. Mostly she keeps this couch from being carried away by excessive, straight line winds. (Very real issue in our neighborhood.) 😂
    u0jvalzkj5g7.jpeg

Wow! I once had a boyfriend with a border collie mix. Talk about high energy! That dog could run circles around both of us for hours!
    She looks so relaxed.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    I take online flexibility classes and I'm pretty sure the instructor is about to start charging me double because my cat has to get involved in everything we do!
  • dragon_girl26
    Hmm. For some reason my cat hates pilates. Soon as I get down on the mat he attacks me. So gets locked in bedroom. The other day if I am in my home gym, looks as if to say have you lost your mind and walks out. So nope no help what so ever.

Lol
    I'm waiting for the day mine stops attacking my shadow and start going for my legs. Seems like he inches closer and closer each workout. I have to be very careful not step on him
  • dragon_girl26
    Having a kitten I don't want to crush lying underneath me is a hell of a motivator to hold the plank!

Oh my goodness yes! You are going to have serious upper body strength thanks to your kitty!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    My gym is in the basement and the little guy is a corgi with short legs so he won't do the stairs but my girl (husky cross) would sometimes come and hang out down there. I think the noise of the plates and bar clanking alarmed her so she never got too close, she can be a bit skittish. When the SO's dog (springer) was here, however, he wanted to get right in there so she followed along in case she was missing out on something. It only took one deadlift with two dogs suddenly appearing under the bar for both of them to get forever banished from the basement during workouts.

No help at all, those two.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    My German Shepherd tries to help with pushups. Definitely adds to the challenge with a 40kg beast on my back :|